Apple fan speed too low, overheating?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by piatti, Mar 18, 2012.

1. piatti macrumors 6502a

piatti

What do you think of this?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

A load of rubbish!

3. simsaladimbamba

What is the source?

Anyway, as that tame dragon says, it is a load of rubbish, and the poster of that article (?) probably does not know, what overheating is.

4. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

However MBP is the only laptop I've used that gets actually hot. Other laptops have a fan on the side that actively blows out the air before it gets hot it seems. (And the fan are much less loud and annoying than MBP when it finally decides it should cool itself)

5. simsaladimbamba

Because other laptops are mostly made of plastic, thus more holes, as plastic can't radiate heat as good as metal, the aluminium on the MBPs are used to radiate the heat better, thus they seem to be hotter.

And if you are really concerned about heat (amongst all the other stuff you seem to be concerned about), download iStat Pro and monitor the temps.
    The CPU can go up to 105° C under full load, which is an acceptable temp for the CPU.

Btw, you can have an avatar now.

6. camardelle macrumors 6502

I read a lot of posts stating that the mbp gets hot. I haven't found that to be true especially compared to some of the Windows laptop systems I'e used. I don't think that my lap is any cooler than anyone elses. Bigger maybe but not cooler.

7. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

Is having an avatar something you can do right after joining, or you have to wait for it?

8. simsaladimbamba

You need 500 posts, which you now have.

Mac Rumors Forums Rules
    Mac Rumors Forums FAQ

The Rules and FAQ can be found on every MR Forums page on the top.
    [​IMG]

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009