Apple fan survey

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bigbro1096, Dec 8, 2010.

?

Do you keep your boxes and, are you teased for being an Apple fan?

Poll closed Sep 3, 2013.
  1. No, I am not teased

64.3%
  2. Yes, I am teased

21.4%
  3. I do not keep the boxes

11.2%
  4. I do keep the boxes

81.6%
  1. bigbro1096, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010

bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Do all Apple fanboys and fangirls save the boxes their product came in? Also, are you teased for being a Apple fanboy or fangirl? I made this poll to answer these questions. I know I have kept all my Apple boxes since I became a fanboy and my friends tease me because I know that Apple products usually come out at 10:00 am pacific in an annual circuit and that the Apple head quarters is found in Cupertino. :D

2. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

I kept iPad and iMac boxes. Thrown away iPod boxes. (1st and 3rd gen Nanos)

Wife and friends tease me about the iPad.

3. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I keep the boxes, because honestly, I like to look at them. They're pretty, and well designed. They're also nicely reusable, if you're willing to give them away. But mostly they're pretty.

I don't get any crap for my love of Apple. Usually someone will try to tell me how superior their Microsoft computer is, and I verbally beat them down. It's fun sport! I'm about to purchase an iPad, however, and I expect to get a little grief for that.

Apple all the way

4. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

I keep all my boxes for my iPhones (3) and iPad. I really think it helps when I sell them after upgrading.

Although I am OCD on that stuff, I even keep the window stickers that came on any new car I buy. :rolleyes:

5. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

I consider myself a semi-collector so it is nice to have the original packaging.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I keep boxes from the newest Apple products I buy, but I toss the boxes from the older products at the same time. But I admit that I sometimes cut out the images and use them for decorations! I liked the original box for the iSight, for example.

7. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

I kept my iMac box to make it easy to transport as i moved around alot in the past 2 years. iPad and iPhone i put in the box likely due to a cosmic force that took over my body and told me i couldn't throw them out.

I am not teased, though i do take a fair amount of criticism at work by those who still are obsessed with "open" software as they say. No, they are not talking about Linux, but Microsoft, which "allows you to do anything". With ignorance such as this, it's easy to look right past the criticism.

8. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lol I'm the same way. About once a month I take the boxes and read the instructions and admire the differences, I just got done doing this with my iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. I don't know what to do with the iMac box once I get it because its so big? But I hate getting teased about how much I know about Apple but to tell the truth it's the basic stuff anyone can memorize. :apple: Think different :apple:

9. King Luis macrumors 6502

i keep boxes and bags. they are very useful and strong.

10. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

LOL looks like Im the only one that doesnt keep the boxes.

11. fortunecookie macrumors regular

fortunecookie

I keep the box and the receipt of all my apple products. Someday it could worth something. Lol!

12. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I keep the boxes of all my Apple products but I do as well for any electronics, at least for 60 days (usually longer), Just in case something goes wrong or if i need to sell it.

13. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I generally do keep all my Apple boxes. Although since I purchased my MBP refurbished, it didn't come in the usual Apple retail box, so I didn't keep that. Otherwise, I still have my iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod boxes.

Yes, my non-Apple friends do mock me for being an "Apple fan." Although it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

14. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

I always keep my boxes. Its something fun to look back on.

Everyone should post some pics of their collections...I will when I get home

15. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I'm not a fanboy, I hate fanboyism, especially apple one, by fanboyism I mean super high reality distortion and unjustifiable hate for anything that is not apple
    I keep my boxes for the Warranty, I sometimes use them to put stuff inside like books i don't read anymore or stuff that stays better on a box, but an Apple Keyboard, iPhone / iPad / iPod box is useless, I would trash them if I don't have the device anymore

16. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

I've kept the boxes, but thrown away the iPhone 4 and iPad..

Wait...

Oh s**t...

17. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I've thrown away the iPhone 4 and iPad and their boxes and kept-

wait..what?

18. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

I've already posted some pics of my supermarket bags collection in the Supermarket Bags area of the forum.

19. bindle macrumors regular

Apple products have good resale value and there's always an upgrade around the corner, so I keep my packaging for the eventual upgrade process. Pretty much do it with all my electronics.

20. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I keep boxes for all expensive items I buy (not just Apple) because it increases the resale value of the item considerably.

21. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I keep the boxes of all my electronics for future resale. Since I store them in my garage's attic, they don't take up livable space.