Apple features Smart Dial iPhone app!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by fungg3, Dec 10, 2008.

1. fungg3 macrumors regular

Among Apple's 10,000 apps (and growing!), Smart Dial has been selected as a FEATURED APP on the App Store.

I would like to inform MacRumors readers of a special sale to celebrate this success. Smart Dial will be sold for $0.99 (original price $2.99) for the next several days.

Smart Dial is a premium app that has been in great demand. The following are reasons why Apple recommends Smart Dial over 100+ dialer apps available:
    • No contact sync required. Most dialers sync on start-up which can take up to 10 seconds or more. You can start dialing with Smart Dial immediately.
    • Large familiar keypad. Dialing is made easy, even with a single-hand.
    • The ONLY dialer with smart logic such as default phone number and recently dialed calls to keep your number of taps to a minimum.

Smart Dial will soon also include speed dial (update has been submitted), a highly demanded feature which enables quick dialing of favorite contacts similar to the original cell phone experience.

Below are what some users are already saying about Smart Dial on the AppStore:
    "Best Application on iTunes - The reviews were right on. I have purchased many apps and if I could have only one app on my G3 it would be this one."
    "Great job - the fastest at finding contacts - I have tried (and purchased) a lot of dialers and voice dialers this is the first one that hit the mark...."
    "BUY THIS APP!!! - This Smart Dial app is probably one of the most useful apps I have come across so far! It smashes through all other competition..."
    "Love it - This is my first review that I have written in about 30 applications that I have bought. I totally love this. Would be worth double or triple the price. I have close to 1000 contacts and it is very fast and much easier to locate your contacts."

Finally, I am giving away 5 promotional copies to the first 5 replies here on this thread!

Thanks!
    www.SmartDialApp.com

2. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

3. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

4. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

5. jwball macrumors regular

6. johnqh macrumors regular

This is a very smart app!

The problem with app store is that you will see free copycats in two weeks max (think all the wide email, fake caller etc). There needs to be a list of the originals, and iphone users need to value the originals.

7. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

8. ninjadex macrumors 6502

9. jmccray macrumors regular

10. fungg3 thread starter macrumors regular

razorianfly: I have already emailed you seperately a code for review purposes yesterday :p

I have PM'd the above few people, check your inbox.
    jwball: you are not allowed to receive PM in this forum. leave your email.

11. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Oh right - Did you send it to the address shown?

I'm double checking now, but I don't seem to have received it. :apple:

R-Fly

12. fungg3 thread starter macrumors regular

Was sent to arron@razorianfly.com, but now forwarded to your hotmail.

13. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

14. Digipimp macrumors regular

looks good, i might have to consider it myself

15. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

Having a "play" with this now and must say, it seems very good.

Just one question - is there a way to enter spaces? I have a number of contacts with the same name ie tim wallis tim butler chris wallis chris butler. Now I see you can scroll down through the names selected by letters already entered, but it would be good to narrow the list even further by being able to enter the second name, or at least part of it. Can't see a way to enter spaces to help with this.

16. fungg3 thread starter macrumors regular

LostLogik: Try searching with last name instead, they are more unique. :)

17. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

Yeah, had thought of that....but (a) it means I have to think what someone's last name is (ok, sounds daft but it's another step!!), (b) some have the same last name and (c) some entries don't have last names. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

(I don't think this makes the app any worse BTW, just something that would have been useful)

(oh, and had a look at your other apps, they look very slick. .....might be tempted by mydelicious... ;) )

18. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

I used SmartDial for about 1 week until it basically stopped doing what it was designed to do - which is find my contacts. I use SearchDial now quite happily.

19. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

If any more codes are available, I'd take one to try out and recommend.

20. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

21. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I don't understand the point of this application. Yes, it would be great if that functionality was built into the standard Phone application on the device, but you need to launch a different application to do this.

Even at 99¢ this is overpriced.

22. fungg3 thread starter macrumors regular

neiltc13: I don't understand what you are trying to say. You launch all kind of application to enhance your iPhone experience. Plenty of apps extends the native ones like email apps, camera apps, map apps are they all useless?? :confused:

23. jsgreen macrumors 6502

I'd like to give this a try if you still have promo licenses. I have just over 5000 contact records and would like to test your application's ability to handle that amount (built in contacts and phone app have a lot of lag with that number of records).

My email is jsg at ryesands dot com

24. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

More to the point, you have to launch the phone app anyway, so, launch the phone app or launch this app. No harder to initiate. Benefit then comes when, instead of having to look up a contact and then dial their number, you simply spell the first couple of letters of their name on the keypad.

Admitedly you're only talking a few seconds (I've timed a few call outs from the moment of first launching either app to the phone ringinging) but it is more intuitive. I'll be interested to see it with SMS integration.

25. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Not having direct access to voice mail from within Smart Dial is what kills it for me. The dialer needs to replace the built-in dialer, having all the major features, or I have to use both. Using both is a major PITA.

S-