Apple finally got my $

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by BluExile, Feb 22, 2009.

1. BluExile macrumors newbie

After over a year or being on the fence over an apple computer, i finally made a purchase. I went to the apple store 90% sure I would buy a white macbook nividia right there, but after seeing the new alu macbook for the first time i fell in love with it. The look, the screen, the trackpad, the keyboard, everything. (except no firewire) It was worth the extra $100 to me to buy it. I just finished my order for a alu macbook refurb from apple for $1099. I'll probably get it by the end of the week.

I'm tempted to already order 2 gigs more ram and a 7200 HD. I've read about 4 gig ram issues though in the new macbooks. I also need like a protective carrying case. Any suggestions ? Thanks :) I'm excited

2. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

You'll need 2x2GB sticks if you want 4GB of ram. OWC works perfectly so far I've read and Crucial are really cheap (55$ + taxes on newegg).

Try Speck for the case. The satin hard case are awesome. you just have to clean the computer once a week/month and you'll be scratchless, unless you mistreat your computer. Pretty much any messenger bag that are designed to carry computer will hold your Macbook, but be aware that zippers are evils and might scratch your baby.

Don't forget to check for any defect. Things like dust under the screen, slanted keys, already dented/scratched surface, loose battery cover, etc. If you have nothing like this you should be find.

Don't forget to get insurance (accidental damage, theft) and extended warranty from Apple (Apple care -> Hardware defects)

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Congrats on the computer; as with insurance unless you expect to break it or lose it, don't waste your money on it.

4. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Congrats on your new purchase, I assure you - you will thoroughly enjoy it. If your looking to buy accessories, do check on YouTube for reviews and then make a collective decision. I have a few reviews up on my YouTube channel (see sig).

Enjoy.

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

6. Kirkafur macrumors member

Don't make the same mistake I did; if you are gonna carry it in a bag with any kind of weight put on it, make sure to buy something to protect the screen and keyboard.