Apple Finance for 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mirai 11, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Mirai 11 macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

I've had to give a significant amount of £ away to cover myself for University, and its delayed the 15" MBP significantly. Do you reckon a student with a part-time job would be able to achieve it, depending on the credit rating? Is there also a deposit for this?
    Only thinking about it at the moment.
    Cheers.

2. Mirai 11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

3. rossmadden macrumors member

I'm pretty hard up student with a part time job as well.
    I'm looking at getting the i5 13" in a few days/weeks.
    I was thinking about finance. But decided I'll go for the buy now pay in 6 months option. I can easily earn enough to put away over 6 months.
    Though the 15" would mean about £220 a month (x6) with university discount, so it depends on whether or not you can put that aside.

On apple's site it says you must have a full time job, be over 18 and have a fixed address. I'm not sure about student, but i checked in at an apple reseller today to see what my options were and he didn't say that I couldn't.

Anyway, back to my point, I'm going to save an pay the lump in 6 months, instead of worrying about the money definitely being in my account for each direct debit.

Ross.

4. chrisgl, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

chrisgl macrumors newbie

Apple's financing is just a special Barclaycard, isn't it? If so, I'd imagine its qualifications are more or less the same as any other credit card. Part-time job with no credit... I'd say your odds are 50/50, but that's just a wild guess. Why don't you give them a call?

But anyway, why finance the purchase? Do you *need* a new machine now? If not, just save up.

And do you really need a 15? Especially if you're strapped for cash? I have a 13 (could've gotten a 15 or 17) and it's plenty great.

5. Mirai 11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

I've already decided on the 15, its definitely needed, so no need to convince me there :p
    i'm only going to use this as a last resort if i don't get the money by June.