Apple Finance (UK)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by godaz, Aug 18, 2010.

1. godaz macrumors regular

Hi,

I am about to purchase a MacBook Pro on fiance but have a few questions.

1. I am going to make the purchase in store, can you pay a deposit towards the item you purchase? I have £1000 in savings and would like to use this to pay the bulk of it off.

2.If a deposit can not be paid can you pay off as much you want per month as long as it is over the minium monthly payment?

Thanks.

Grant

2. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

Yes you can pay a deposit, I'm not sure if there is a limit, and this may also increase your chances of receiving a loan, and no, unfortunately loans are set payments, I would recommend getting a 0% Credit Card as this would allow you to pay off as much as you want as soon as possible, plus it's interest free for the first x number of months :)

3. godaz thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for your reply

I take it it is different in store compared to online then?

I was reading the FAQs and it said you do not have to pay a deposit online.

4. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

No you do not HAVE to pay a deposit but because of the state of the economy banks are more cautious and a deposit would help, and if you do it instore, they fill out the application the same as over the phone and give you an instant decision, but as with 99% of loans, paying larger sums than the agreed monthly payment there will usually be charges