Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueCreek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
After hearing all of these 'rumours' around a 5.5inch iPhone 6L which will be $100 more than standard and a possible 128GB upgrade.

And now new rumours of the iWatch to be unveiled on the same day!

I may possibly find myself purchasing both,(if the rumours are even remotely accurate) so does anyone know, or have past experience, on using Apples 0% 12 months finance on pre-order items?

In the past I would just pay outright in full so have never seen if the finance option is available.

JohnPi314

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2014
California
After hearing all of these 'rumours' around a 5.5inch iPhone 6L which will be $100 more than standard and a possible 128GB upgrade.

And now new rumours of the iWatch to be unveiled on the same day!

I may possibly find myself purchasing both,(if the rumours are even remotely accurate) so does anyone know, or have past experience, on using Apples 0% 12 months finance on pre-order items?

In the past I would just pay outright in full so have never seen if the finance option is available.

I know that people will tell you to stay away from Bill Me Later with a ten foot pole -- but I've used it successfully to pay for things I wanted now.

As long as you can make the balloon payment at the end of the promo period - you'll be fine.

Apples Finance isn't a loan - it's a Barclay credit card --so I'd say far, far away from those.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Both of those are revolving credit, treated the same way on your credit report/score, Billmelater just words things differently. But you definitely want to pay off the total before the promotional period is over, the interest rates on these types of credit cards are very high.

There's no reason to avoid them if you make payments and are careful about your credit. They have the benefit of no annual fee, so they are worth having on your credit with zero balances.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.