Apple Financing & Ownership

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by donkacperski, Jun 21, 2011.

1. donkacperski macrumors newbie

I was reconsidering a purchase of iMac through Apple Financing.
    However I step onto such sentence on apple's FAQ :

"Ownership - The equipment belongs to Apple Financial Services. However, you may be able purchase it at the end of the lease."

So even tho after paying somewhat amount for say 24 months I still don't owe the hardware I've 'purchased' ? :confused:

PS: Just out of the curiosity, when iLion comes out it will be sold already with new hardware inc without any further cost? :rolleyes:

2. Ryanm93, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

Ryanm93 macrumors member

Kinda

It basically means that they own the hardware until you have completed the payment in full... It just gives them beter legal standing nothing to worry about :cool:

Lion will most likely be shipped as standard on new machines, but its only around £20 so it isnt too bad anyway.

3. omicron macrumors member

Think of it as if you bought a new car with a loan. The bank or car company paid for the car with their money so the title goes to them because they technically own the car. If you don't pay up they repo the car obviously. This is what it's saying. If you fail to meet payments they will repo your iPad.

But can I ask.... Why are you getting an iPad if you can't even pay it in full?

4. donkacperski thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm getting an iMac. iPad is superflous. I could get a 27" iMac but I would need to save for it 6-7 months?. I'm just a student with a part time job :p

5. omicron macrumors member

Oooooo hehehe how embarrassing I didn't see that! I know how yer feelin :p Savin up for a MacBook as well as waiting for a refresh...