Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlondon

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2013
Can someone translate this post for me

Sorry, I was being pedantic. I believe Apple said that Fitness+ will be released before the end of the year. That's a statement of intent, rather than a promise.

aloyouis

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
About time! Been waiting for Fitness+.

Gave up running outside (had an aggressive Karen screech an SUV in front of me and flip me off for wearing a mask, kinda freaked me out). Gave up the gym membership because people weren't wearing masks on the treadmill. Been using Nintendo Switch "Ring Fit Adventure" and "Fitness Boxing" at home in the interim.

This will be great! Can't arrive soon enough :)
To each his/her own, I guess. Were you REALLY running OUTSIDE with a mask covering your face? And then you quit that because some unknown woman with no place in your life gave you the finger?

Reactions: DblHelix

FierceCorgi

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2015
Gave up running outside? The horror.

I'm hoping that there are workouts in Fitness+ for running that can be used outside - just audio with the watch, not requiring a screen. Nike+ has many workouts like this that are surprisingly useful, I'd like to see Apple's versions.

Reactions: DblHelix

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
Did Apple promise that Fitness+ would be released before the end of the year or did they just state that it would be released before the end of the year?

Huh? Those are the same thing? They stated it would launch "late 2020" so I guess that's a promise, although they didn't pinky swear. ;-)

Reactions: BreakingKayfabe

sdz

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2014
Europe/Germany

Gave up running outside (had an aggressive Karen screech an SUV in front of me and flip me off for wearing a mask, kinda freaked me out). Gave up the gym membership because people weren't wearing masks on the treadmill. Been using Nintendo Switch "Ring Fit Adventure" and "Fitness Boxing" at home in the interim.

Why do you wear a mask when running outside, though!?

itsmeaustend

Suspended
Apr 27, 2016
About time. I’ve been thinking this entire time how it’s crazy Apple is charging full price for a bundle which doesn’t contain all the advertised items. And even crazier how people are actually paying for it.

jsalda

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2008

Curious, if you're running outside by yourself, why the need for a mask? The gym, I understand

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Curious, if you're running outside by yourself, why the need for a mask? The gym, I understand
I run on the road (bike lane opposite traffic) with it on my chin and pull it up when I'm passing the LOTS of old people out walking their dogs on the sidewalks. I've been working from home since March but I still go to the grocery store or takeout a couple of times a week. Because I don't want to be Hitler and give old people COVID in case I have it and don't know it, yeah, I pull up a mask when I pass people.

Reactions: greytmom and clcnyc

Alan Wynn

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2017
First the Breathe app, now “sharing your lorem ipsum”. Apple’s getting a bit esoteric.
As the creator of such personal devices where privacy is critical, I am glad that “sharing your lorem ipsum“ is fully disclosed!

agentkow

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2003
Vancouver, Canada

Same boat here, finished Ring Fit Adventure and danced to every song in Just Dance, really looking forward to switching it up at home with  Fitness+

Reactions: Ghost31 and tekchic

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Same boat here, finished Ring Fit Adventure and danced to every song in Just Dance, really looking forward to switching it up at home with  Fitness+
Oh my gosh, I'm so tired of the Fitness Boxing songs too, haha! First time I've actually wished for DLC so I could buy some new songs just to mix it up! ?

Reactions: agentkow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.