Apple fix the damn proximity sensor already!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by decadentdave, Sep 8, 2010.

1. decadentdave macrumors 6502

Had an important out-of-state business call that kept getting cut-off because of the stupid prox sensor ending the call. Why has this still not been adressed in recent updates? So frustrating. :mad:

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Read.

BL.

3. decadentdave thread starter macrumors 6502

3 more months of this crap for a bug that should have been fixed 3 months ago?!?!?! :mad:

4. langers2010 macrumors member

iOS 4.1 comes out today I think (or very soon) so you don't have to wait 3 more months!

5. decadentdave thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought it said November? Anyway, this should have been fixed months ago, like BEFORE it was released with iphone 4. Whatever happened to QC/Testing before product launch? Ridiculous!

6. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

There will be another update in November for iPad and the iPhone but the update this week is suppose to fix the proximity sensor issue.

7. Trat macrumors regular

The problem with the bug was that is was very hard to replicate. Only a small percentage of users seem to have had this problem: e.g. I know of NO single 4 user that had this problem. If a bug is hard to replicate it will be hard to fix. Get used to that.

But screaming here on a forum about a bug that will be fixed today doesn't show much maturity. I even doubt you are the important 'business' guy like you are portraying yourself here, as the business guys I know have no time to litter forums...

8. decadentdave thread starter macrumors 6502

Business is business. Point is it was an important call. Not like I was on the phone with my stock broker telling him to dump my shares of Apple before they drop but important nonetheless. This has gone on for months and only now they are addressing it.

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Did you know about the issue before the call was placed? If you did then you could have avoided the issue by either holding your ip4 away from your ear slightly or using a landline.

10. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I agree. This is your own fault. You knew you were having issues with your proximity sensor, but failed to take steps to prevent it from happening on an important business call. Could have used a hands free headset, a bluetooth headset, or like Gav said, hold it slightly away from your ear or use a landline.

11. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

It's a frikkin phone ... should have fixed it right off the bat.

12. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

I agree that the sensor problem sucks. In the meantime, I have been using the included headset when I'm on an important call, to avoid situations like the one you just had.

13. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Or *someone* should have kept their receipt and returned it if it didn't work to their standards...

14. Fuchal macrumors 68020

My phone is upgraded to 4.1 and it fixed the proximity sensor. You do not have to wait long.

15. Adisah macrumors regular

Yeah, you should probably get that replaced. Otherwise, do a full restore and don't recover from backup. As that would be putting the corrupted OS right back onto your phone.

16. STxMacUser macrumors member

STxMacUser

I am SICK of having conversations interrupted by me having to turn off the mute button...or taking the person on the other line off of hold. The proximity problem is a daily annoyance that will keep me from buying future iPhones. The problem downright sucks!!!

I have been an Apple customer for many years and have owned all iPhones from the onset of each model. I am just frustrated with the poor quality of the iPhone 4. I feel like I was robbed by Apple....very disappointing.

17. Jimbuy macrumors newbie

Where?

I went to itunes this a.m.And it's not showing the 4.1. upgrade!Where did you get the 4.1.?TIA!

18. decadentdave thread starter macrumors 6502

That's funny cuz I just tried to update and it says 4.0.2 is the latest version installed.

^^^ Yeah that.

19. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

If it bugs you that much (although it's been fixed) you should have just returned the phone, that way none of use would have to read another b-tching thread, cause it's not like this is the 450,000th thread like this or anything.

20. decadentdave thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I updated to 4.1 and it still didn't fix the proximity sensor. On the phone with a client and it autodialed a random number from my address book. Unaccebtable Apple. :mad: