Apple fix the dropped frame rates..

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by okrelayer, Oct 22, 2013.

1. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

You'd think this new update would fix the crazy frames dropped when using the close gesture on my iPad 3. I mean, it's just going to the home screen. It looks fine when pressing the button. Just fix the dropped frames, it's so tacky.

2. hieubui.rtz macrumors member

Framerate drop when rotating is super annoying and btw, delays when multitask are still there

3. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Im surprised that Apple cant seem to figure it out...Looks like iOS 7 = Android (whatever they are now) as far as animations go...

I remember rooting my android phones and messing with crap to no end trying to stop the little hiccups and farts...Id clock the processor up, id mess with the GPU...All SORTS of little things...

In the end, I got tired of screwing with it all and got an iPhone 4s...I was happy to see it was lag free compared to my GS3, despite having a much smaller engine.

Now, getting iOS 7 on an IP5, I see the little farts and hiccups that I was used to seeing with android. iOS does a few things ALOT better than Android, but scrolling, and animation are now pretty much equal.

What is with Apple? Is it THAT hard to maintain FPS during an animation? Must be, as iOS 7.0.3 just added a kill switch to ZAP the animations all together.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I swear, if it wasnt for FaceTime, and a few other things, id be right back with Android....At least Apple makes the phone itself look nice (Not counting the 5c).