Apple Flight Simulator?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by slenpree, Jan 23, 2015.

1. slenpree macrumors 6502a

slenpree

now that apple are doing 3D mapping in many cities around the world, I wonder if they could use this to build a flight simulator!

2. chabig macrumors 68040

I don't see a connection between mapping and flight simulators.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple really doesn't do games, and I don't think there's much of a market for flight simulators these days.

4. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

For sure, its more of a Microsoft thing, better stick to Microsoft Flight sim

5. EthanLMT macrumors regular

EthanLMT

If anyone would do that it would probably be Google... They did it a while ago with Google Earth and I don't see why they couldn't do it again with the new Google Maps Street View and what not.

6. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

I was big on flight sims a long time ago now. Just as with real aviation, drones seem to be the in thing, a lot more fun to fly a Parrot or any one of the dozens of other flying smartdevice-controlled flying toys out there than to fly some pixels.

7. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Tell that to X-Plane 10 users. That and Infinite Flight rate/rank pretty highly in the iOS charts. Mac and PC also sell a lot of copies of it. I agree though - Apple don't make games.

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

X-Plane, and Prepar3d. Both are very strong simulators with a large and vocal community.

BL.