Apple found guilty of Russian price fixing

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Floris, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39278832

Seems Russia is in the news a lot lately. Oh boy.

Anyway, I don't know if I should even believe the news, since the source is Russian watchdog. If their gov might think "how can we hurt their economy in retaliation for their nonsense news about us constantly hacking them, etc.. oh wait, let's just say they did some price fixing, apple is a big thing over there right?"

Wouldn't surprise me, but ala, if Apple was naughty, glad they got caught for it. I don't know why they would even have to do it, they dictate their prices quite well. Nothing to price fix.

I am bored and need coffee. Discuss!

2. Phil in ocala Suspended

Phil in ocala

3. Floris thread starter macrumors 68020

Floris

I am in a bad mood today, I wouldn't object to this.

4. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

Apple wants to be a political player, an activist, and play with the big boys. So... they can expect the same microscope and extermination tactics used on all vocal activist organizations.

It's what happens when you spend more time playing in the mud than you do focusing on your actual business.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, while I don't knock the social issues, I think Apple would be better off using its energies on making products then promoting its social issue agenda.

6. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

The smart move is to stay off of this mess or get burned.