Apple Friendly Home Surveillance Systems?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Coach21, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Coach21 macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I’m interested in installing a home / small business surveillance system but need to know what systems are compatible with Apple products.

I’d like to monitor the cameras from anywhere with my iMac, iPhone, and iPad.

Any suggestions on which system would be most friendly / compatible with my Apple lineup?

Thanks,

Andy

Mods: This obviously falls under the sub category of “not sure where to post.” Help please if another forum topic is better suited. Thank you.

2. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

I've been using Security Spy for 5-6 years and have been very happy. It works with everything from basic USB/Firewire webcams to proper security cameras. The web interface is fairly straight forward and works well on my iOS devices.

They have live demos of their built in web server technology at http://www.bensoftware.com/securityspy/livedemo.html

3. mrnserv macrumors newbie

Dropcam works great with Apple products. Can monitor from iPhone, iPad or any web browser when away - wifi of cellular. Live remote viewing is free, if you want recorded video there is a monthly charge depending on number of cameras and how long data will be saved online.

Probably not true commercial/pro grade usage, but for home, small business it is simple to use and setup and works great with Apple products. Cameras are small and can be set up with included mounts or could be creatively hidden with small size.

About $149 each for standard Dropcam and $199 for new Pro Dropcam version.