apple frustrations

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JMS803, Aug 20, 2010.

1. JMS803 macrumors member

so just got my 2.4 SR Macbook pro back today from the 8600 gt repair, which was the second time it failed in less than a year. Got the computer back and the case was separating in two places, and noticeable new warping was seen in the case. The express card slot was also jammed open. Got on the phone with apple pretty much all day, got it escalated to customer relations for a replacement enquiry, and now I have to go back to the store for a third time in a week and a half and have them adjust the case, since "bowing is a common issue."

What is not a common issue, is having your computer returned to you in that state after a repair. After having my ibook g4 logic board replaced twice, and now this nonsense with the macbook pro, I'm beginning to have no desire to ever buy another mac laptop again, which is unfortunate because I love os x. Sorry for the rant but apple QC seems to be going down the drain.

2. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

But if they replace it for a new one you wouldn't have to buy one.

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

very unfortunate that you have had to experience the "uneducated/non caring" side of apple - i hope that you get your issue sorted, personally i would be demanding a new laptop.

4. JMS803 thread starter macrumors member

haha well that's true but they won't, Instead I have to go to the store for adjustments to the case.

5. Reelknead1 macrumors 6502

The 8600gt is not apples fault. At the time that was the best combination of price and performance for a laptop graphics card. If you bought a windows machine besides dells super extended warranty where they will actually come out to your house. There aren't any companies that you can bring them to a store and have them replaced.

6. JMS803 thread starter macrumors member

Although not directly apple's fault, why do they replace it with a faulty product? If the rev2 board fails, then clearly another one will not remedy the issue. Also, its disappointing that they would clear the repair for return with damage to the case.