Apple future releases and updates, all products

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Life is Sweet, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Life is Sweet macrumors member

I have been researching a bit on cycles, and intels chips and I think that i can guess the releases for 12 months or so. This is what I think, please say if you agree or disagree and why or if i have left anything out. The later I go the harder and less accurate it will be.

October '07: Leopard
    November '07: mac pro update (penryn)
    December 07': Ultraportable
    Q1 '08 (including MWSF): Macbook update (penryn and possible redesign to aluminium), iPhone update (or in December),
    Q2 '08: Macbook Pro and iMac update (montevina - maybe Q3 depending on chip release) and Mac Mini update/successor Ultraportable update (or early Q3).
    Q3 '08: iPod updates, other things (new product that was mentioned).
    Q4 '08: Mac Pro update (Nehalem) and others
    Q1+2 '09: Rest of products to Nehalem.

Note: There are many things that Apple could add that we dont know. That's why I need your responses. Also I may have left something else out.

Maybe a Powerbook G5 :D

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Q3 '08 updated iMacs in purple and green (with Matte-only screen option).

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

October: Leopard
    November: Macbooks to SR
    November-December: Mac Pro, Xserve
    January-February: Macbook Pros, iMacs to Penryn
    May: Macbooks to Penryn
    July-August: Macbook Pro, iMac to Montevina, Mini to SR
    November: Macbook to Montevina

5. Life is Sweet thread starter macrumors member

Don't know anything about them. When could they be updated?

not so sure about all of it but it's possible, just updates seem a little to frequent. What about new products.

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Same time as the Mac Pros.

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

How are they too frequent? That's the computer business.

Macbooks are almost a given to go to SR in November. Look at their revision dates:

May 06, November 06, May 07. See a pattern?

8. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

I'm still going with my MacPro update with the release of Leopard.

9. Life is Sweet thread starter macrumors member

Redesigns

Do you think there will be any MAC redesigns? eg macbook to aluminium (see apple.com about becoming greener) or a macbook pro redesign (old design)

10. Life is Sweet thread starter macrumors member

Then they would be 1 month ahead of the new penryn Xeon proccessors which will go in the Mac Pro. Then they'd be out of date in a month

11. cervaro macrumors regular

But then that assumes we all believe the publicised timeline on Penryn dished out by Intel. Wouldn't be the first time that something actually comes out ahead of schedule for once. ;)

12. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Retail availability is much different than OEM availability. It is not uncommon for a manufacturer to start shipping machines with hardware that isn't "out" yet. If Leopard was pushed til the end of the month (which I am guessing it will be), I can't see why a Mac Pro wouldn't be out at that point. Or at least announced and shipping soon.

The new iMac is a good example. Apple was shipping the X7800 Merom before anyone else. Before its "release" meaning they had plenty of time to engineer and build them.

If there is a new Mac Pro coming before years end. It is most likely engineered and ready to go but awaiting whatever parts it needs in quantity.

Of course, who knows when it is coming. But it is. Nice predictions though, we will have to come back and see if you are right.

13. cervaro macrumors regular

About time the Mac Pro didn't have the same base graphics card onboard that was in the last edition of the iMac! Need to take it up to an 8600GTS at least, or a Radeon 2900XT if moving over to ATI as with the newest iMacs. If that's the case, I'd be expecting the MacBook Pro to have a mobile version of the Radeon 2600 Pro/XT when next revised. That inbuilt UVC with the 2600 series would be good preparation for a Bluray and/or HD-DVD option. ;)

14. Life is Sweet thread starter macrumors member

If this is right, what will the macbook SR processor speeds be, because they usually use high processors (eg current ones are higher end merom 2.0/2.16) so since there is 2.8, 2.6, 2.4, 2.2, 2.0 etc they could go high eg 2.4/2.6. But then it would be more powerful then the MBP, so what speed do you think they'll use?

15. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Companies don't make major product announcements in December.