Apple G4 Power Supply

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jchatsam, Oct 3, 2007.

1. jchatsam macrumors newbie

Hey just some info for everyone here. I have a G4 mirror door computer that was recently zapped (i think) in a thunderstorm. I had the Best Buy Geek Squad look at it. They said scrap it, it's done. I didn't believe so since this machine, even though it's older, it's a power house. So I googled places in Northern NJ that can service a Macintosh. I found this one place http://www.mac2utors.com that I decided to call. Their rates were resonable and they were Apple Certified and got the job done. I am posting this so people are aware that sometimes the "Big Shot" really doesn't know all that much and there are alternatives. Thanks

John

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

I'm not surprised. Even if it would have been an older Dell, and they could have fixed it, they would say its dead.

Yeah, keep that MDD, they are great systems. PM me if you need parts in the future.

3. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

As FJ218700 implied, Geek Squad's primary focus is increasing Best Buy's profits, not fixing your computer. It's better to be a patron of a local Apple Authorized shop than the "Nerd Herd", anyway -- you'll get better service, for certain.