Apple Gaming needs another subforum imo (Native Apple Gaming)

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by fcamilleri, Dec 24, 2009.

1. fcamilleri macrumors member

Any possibility on having a subforum for this topic? I don't really like sorting through millions of threads about bootcamp. That's practically windows gaming.

News on unnofficial/official cider ports, crossover, and things like that would be posted there.

Thoughts?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The gaming thread doesn't even see that much activity. It would just form 2 very quiet subforums. Personally I think it's time to merge the 101 and 102 forums together, but that's another story.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Seemingly there are about 20 or so people who are regulars to that section. The rest of the posts are people who pop in post one or two small messages, get their answer and then never post in there again.

My only change request would be that our posts 'count' instead of not (like it used to). I'm sure some of us would suddenly gain a substantial post count if this was re-addressed.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Who on earth is mad enough to try and game on OS X, i tried it once, and i succeeded at expense of a lot of money for games and a lot of time wasted trying to tweak cider or wine ports to work.

Install bootcamp or get an xbox.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

There was a thread in the games forum recently, linking to a sale on Braid and World of Goo... $25! (hell I bought WoG during their birthday sale for 1p and got a download link for a Windows or Mac version) On Steam now you can buy both for £5 ($7?). Bioshock was £3 on Steam last year and now it's a full premium priced game on OSX.

Why people put up with that is beyond me.

6. n8mac macrumors 6502

Why people put up with Windows (regardless of hardware) is beyond me. But that is off topic anyway.

Back on topic, I agree with fcamilleri. While it's true that the gaming section has less activity than other forums, Windows games are different than Mac games and having them all in one spot creates confusion as well as flame wars. I say put Windows gaming on the Mac under 'Windows on the Mac' forum. I just looked there and they already have threads about gaming. At least then when someone makes a thread about a game on both platforms they won't have to list the platform every time.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It does? I'm a regular there and I haven't seen any flame wars. Could you provide some links?