Apple, gaming?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by quackers82, Sep 17, 2014.

1. quackers82 macrumors 6502

Anybody else think Apple may go into the gaming industry soon? They are already a serious player when you think about the amount of iOS games there are and many from big names like EA, you can even get GTA 3 on the iPad.

Make the next Apple TV have some of the 'Metal' tech in it or maybe even use the iPhone/iPad to do the processing. Almost every Apple device seems to have bluetooth.

So bluetooth :apple: Controller + iTunes for game purchase, and iPhone/iPad doing the raw processing using Metal gaming thing they showed off connected to an :apple: TV .

Tim Cook did say they are working on things that have not even been rumoured about yet.......

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

No.

They're going to have controllers for the iPad and iPhone, but streaming a game is totally different to streaming a movie. That's why people use ethernet cables on the Xbox.

If AirPlaying had worked as intended, there would be more games supporting it.

Strictly my opinion though.

3. Chefelvis macrumors member

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Not a chance. Apple and gaming, no matter how hard they seem to try, never seem to work out very well.

5. macmacguy macrumors regular

I don't think Apple is targeting this direction.

6. AppleINXS macrumors newbie

Yes. I could easily see Apple tapping back into the gaming market. As far as I'm concerned, the Mac Pro has all the glorious specs of a great gaming rig. The new 5K display will enable gamers everywhere to acquire headshots right down to the tiniest pixel. Dat retina, tho. :cool: Imagine fragging on that thing? Couple it with the new VR platforms...like Oculus.

I long for the day that Apple announces a move towards the gaming market, so I can say: shut up and take my money. :D

I like this Apple TV idea...we could AirPlay matches from our Mac Pros to our TVs without Twitch. *longs for the day*

7. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I really wish they would because I hate boot camping to play COD, BF and any other game worth a ****

I have tried playing the currently available COD games on my iMac and they run very bad IMO. The last time I tried playing MW3 my footprint sounds were lagging way behind and the game runs nowhere close to the way it does under Win 7 in Bootcamp.

I just got sick of having that Windows OS on my iMac and got tired of gaming in general.