Apple gave me a FREE CD drive

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AppleJuiceBox, Apr 23, 2015.

1. AppleJuiceBox macrumors member

Just thought I'd share this because I never knew apple actulally did these kind of things.

So my order mysteriously said to be "Preparing for Shipment" when the delivery date predicted what to be shipped in 4-6 weeks (I ordered the morning of the 10th...) so I called to see if I could still cancel it so I could go and buy it at the Apple Store...and after figuring it out with this incredibly nice apple (elderly) employe, I asked her if there was anything other then the educationa discount to same me money....and she said there wasn't unfortunately and then she said that with my permission, she would like to offer me a CD drive, no additional cost!!!!! I said yeah ... She's going to send me an email soon to confirm.

Thinking of it now, I should have maybe asked for a USb C adapter instead...

This is the kind of things that shows people on here that think apple is "greedy" wrong. Even though you pay a lot, I feel that Apple offers the best customer help..

(I'll attach a picture of the email as soon as I receive it if someone doesn't believe me)

2. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

why don't they also give you a blu-ray drive too? or thunderbolt cable? or 8-track?

what's the point of that? Last time they messed up my order (said they canceled it but still shipped it), I got a free charger.

3. fyrefly macrumors 6502a

Congrats to you. But kindof funny that they gave you a free USB-A superdrive that won't work with your USB-C-only MacBook without an adapter. :rolleyes:

4. Rhcpcjg macrumors regular

I think he got trolled by an apple employee

5. AppleJuiceBox thread starter macrumors member

Maybe lol...but it's free so I'm happy