Apple gave me a free upgrade!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tango554, Jun 5, 2007.

1. tango554 macrumors member

well, sorta.

I ordered my 15" 2.16 macbook pro on 5/30 bc I needed the computer by 6/15, and I figured if I waited until wwdc for the new models, I may not get the computer in time if apple's delay for sending them out is more than a few days.

To my surprise Apple released today, and ships in 1-3 days. I called, told them that I have not received the unit yet and they are allowing me a replacement. Basically, I ship it back to apple, when they get the fedex confirmation that it has been received, they send out a SR macbook pro of "equal or greater" function at no additional cost. Also, the rep told me that replacements are expedited! I suppose this translates to faster process time or upgraded shipping.

I don't know if this is out of the ordinary, but it makes a big-kid like me pretty happy! :)

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

This is not out of the ordinary. Glad you are happy!

3. TimJim macrumors 6502a

thats great for you, have fun with your new MBP

4. weeman macrumors 6502

Wow seems like you lucked out. Great service right there.

5. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

It's not out of the ordinary - anyone can return an unopened machine within 14 days of purchase (there's only a restocking fee if its been opened), so they're just making that inevitable switch easier on you ("inevitable" because who would keep an outdated machine that they hadn't even opened yet).

Congrats, though. :)

6. mBurns macrumors 6502

That's great! You're lucky that it was delayed which equated to you not being able to open it up. Fate? I bet you're going to LOVE your new MacBook Pro. I wish Apple would trade me a new fancy MacBook Pro for my MacBook Pro Core Duo! ;-)

We can dream, right??

7. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Awesome.

You can send the other one to me instead of Apple :)

8. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

take good care of the non santa rosa 2.16 GHz one. it will end up at the refurb store and i might just buy it if they drop prices there in time;) what configuration was the old one?

9. iñaki'sonMac'87 macrumors regular

I did the same on nov'06, it happened to me that 5 days after I recieved my MBP, apples released the C2D, well, I called, they collected my MBP CD and after 20 looong days, I recieve a brand new, MBP C2D.

Apples service rules..... most of the time

enjoy your killer machine

10. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

11. tango554 thread starter macrumors member

Only upgraded the HD to 160. I bought a crucial 1gb to install, but don't really need it anymore.