apple gave me a locked phone by mistake

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hamza5743, Jun 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamza5743 macrumors newbie

when the iPhone 6 plus came out i bought it from a person which was locked to bell and i got it unlocked from a website after a couple of months my phone wasn't charging and i got it replaced from the genus bar and they gave me a phone locked to bell but when i put my rogers sim in it worked and later when i travelled abroad the phone was locked to bell but worked with rogers coz when you get a locked phone in canada the first sim you put in it gets locked to that network so practically the phone is locked to rogers and bell. i called apple and they said to bring the phone back which i can't coz i am abroad and there is no apple store here. i contacted apple and they said we talked to bell and rogers they both can't unlock it for some reason. what should i do in this case. apple has done the stupidest mistake ever of giving me a locked phone. should i pay again and get it unlocked or should insist apple to fix this problem. has anyone else had this problem

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

You could first start by re-posting using proper sentence structures, spelling, punctuation and grammar. And use paragraphs.

3. msp3 macrumors member

You realize other then Apple and your carrier, none of these ****** "unlocking" places are legit right? Deal with it.

4. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

Lol, You bought locked iPhone and you unlocked by not legal website. Apple gave you phone which you had to get. They give 1:1 as previous...
    It is your problem, not anyone else...

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Let me get some tylenol and re-read through this again… 1 sec.

6. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

Apple made no mistake. You bought a phone that was locked to a carrier. They replaced it with the same thing. Just because you got it unlocked yourself makes no difference to Apple. They replace it with the exact same phone that was bought at time of original purchase. A phone locked to a certain carrier. You'll have to go unlock it again. Apple is not going to do anything for you. It's not their problem, its yours.

7. DrakeMcEachern macrumors 6502

I really hope English isn't this person's first language.

8. I7guy macrumors G5

To the op, I think this is the correct answer. Apple gave you the exact same thing you had...they(apple) don't care you spent your hard-earned $$$ unlocking the phone.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Probably an English professor.

10. techspin macrumors 6502a

10/10 MR users agree you don't deserve a free unlock.

11. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Also 10/10 MR users agree that the OP should be banned.

12. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Isn't he Canadian?

13. ATS macrumors regular

ATS

This is a prime example of someone subscribing to an external locus of control when in reality the individual, which in this case is the OP, has no one to blame but himself. It seems more common now than ever before that people want to place blame on others due to not being proactive and thinking a situation through before acting on it.

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No one thinks any more…that's what money and abusing customer service and it's programs is for. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.