Apple gave me free stuff with my new MBP 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amitdoc2b, Oct 15, 2008.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Wow, Apple's customer service rocks. It wasn't even their fault. My BOA card kept denying Apple from taking payment because they thought its fraud since it was a high charge on the card...

I called BOA and they removed the freeze and said it should work. But Apple still was having trouble. I called Apple three times, and each time I talked to them they added something free.

First call.. I didn't even request anything and they said they'll throw in $30 worth of iPhone accessories I had ordered in addition to the laptop will be included free.

Second call.. I asked if shipping time will be delayed since I placed my laptop order yesterday.. and they said the shipping dates is still on track for the same time period.. but to show they are sorry they offered me a case for my new laptop. When I said I want the incase one that costs 59.50 they said thats for the old MBP. I said well the dimensions are pretty close it should be no issues. But they said just in case they won't do it, and instead gave me a full 59.50 credit from my total.

Third call.. Finally got the credit card payment to get thru. Asked them about overnight shipping option since im so anxious now. I had 2-3 day selected already. Since im getting mine customized (2.8ghz/320gb 7200RPM) they said its coming from overseas and quickest is the 2-3 days I had already selected. But they'll not charge for it and waived the shipping fee.

So that was $100 of free stuff right there. Plus I got $100 for student discount. By the way, if you join eBates.com they offer you rebate (paid to you every 3 months) on most websites including Apple. They only give 1% for Apple but thats like $25 more free off! So i got that too.

But if you are a new customer, you get automatic $5 for joining, and if u refer my e-mail (amit117@aol.com) u get an additional $10 back (so do I) and we're all happy campers. This goes for ANY purchase using ebates, not just Apple.

Whoohoo!!

2. iBrandon macrumors newbie

that is so cool.

I called because my Citizens bank card was declined and I didn't get any free stuff. Also Citizens wont left me pay apple even though I have enough in my account they would only approve charges up too $1000.

3. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

its nice that they "gave" you 100$ worth of stuff, but last week, the student discount was 2x what it is this week.

Looks to me theyll be getting much more money off that from the general public, than giving you 100$, if you catch my drift.

4. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

they can give you the new MBP for free and still make MORE money..
    they cut the educational discount by 50%
    and they'll be charging you $99 for the cable in case you want to use an ACD..

seems to me, that it's just a matter of time until APPLE gets those money back from you.. and a lot more

5. freejack macrumors regular

freejack

party pooper