Apple Genius Bar Appointment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AnDi86, Jun 15, 2010.

1. AnDi86 macrumors 6502

I have an Apple Genius Bar appointment this afternoon in regards to my iPhone making interference noises (you know if you hold it up to speakers?) in the device itself whilst on calls or browsing the internet it is loud and rather annoying.

I have a developer account and have the 4.0 software installed on the iPhone, will the genius just turn me away because I have the 4.0 installed or should they look at it?

2. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Do you have an iPhone 3G? I get the same noise from my iPhone after installing 4.0 GM. Reinstalled firmware twice as new and still have the same interference problem. Happens on 2 other devices I tried it on so it has to be software related.

Don't worry about it, cancel your appointment - put your phone on craigslist and get the iPhone 4 :)

3. AnDi86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm really? I could have sworn I had the noises before I put the 4.0 on it! I want to try and get a new one though so I can sell it on as new, mine has a few scratches on it though, it's the 3GS! It is rather annoying isnt it, especially on a phone call!

4. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Yes! Hurts my ears... Forgot about apple care replacement! Make sure you get a new phone before you leave, if not talk to the store manager and get it handled!

5. AnDi86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Got it replaced, the guy said it's common enough, just swapped it straight out for me :D