Apple Genius Employment

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fantom987, May 25, 2009.

1. fantom987 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    I need some help, I applied for the Genius position about three weeks ago. I live in the Southern California area. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on getting noticed and getting hired. I've already read many articles about the position and what not.

A little about myself, Ive built, repaired, and troubleshooted computer problems for friends, family, and myself. I have no professional training in regards to computers. I am very familiar with Apple, however I recently got back into Mac ( I am embarrassed to say I worked with windows computers for the past six years :( ). I am very technologically inclined, I have never come across a computer problem I could not solve. I also have no professional experience with computers, however I have almost four years of customer service experience. Before I got laid off everyone came to me with the work computer problems before they would go the the IT department. Oh I also have my associates degree in general education (if that helps with the selection process).

Basically I have a lot of computer experience in general, I am looking into getting the ACSP and ACMT cetifications. Should I get these certs? Any little bit of information on stores hiring in Orange County CA or anything in general will be helpful!

2. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Get your certs, but I think they're going to want specific computer experience.

3. emmawu macrumors 6502

Be enthusiastic about working for Apple. They really like that.

4. brent0saurus macrumors regular

brent0saurus

you don't neeeed specific training but i'm sure it helps.
    if you know someone who works at apple they can recommend you. i had someone do that and i got an email from apple saying they will review my application when something comes up, so that kinda gets you noticed.

also, i've heard they actually love people who know windows. i guess since you're a rarity since most people who want to work for apple only know os x etc. people who use windows need help at the apple store too; ipods, apple tv....