Apple "Genius" prefers Android to iOS

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by b24pgg, Dec 23, 2011.

1. b24pgg, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

b24pgg macrumors 65816

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/nn0j6/i_was_a_genius_for_ten_months_at_an_apple_store/c3ad3yn

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its called personal preference.
    I've used both android and iOS both have strengths and weaknesses

3. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

4. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The guy is just one employee working in a retail store.....who cares what he prefers...

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

An honest opinion from the Genius (whether one agrees with the opinion or not).

I fear, however, that if the Genius' manager finds out, he/she may be looking for employment soon. :D

6. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Congrats! I better sell everything apple and jump ship because someone has an opinion.

7. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Some guy in working in a store (just happens to be an Apple Store) prefers Android.

*crickets*

8. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Wow, I have an uncle who prefers Android too!!
    I should put them in touch with each other so they can show each other their cool customizations to their lock screens

9. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

I just remembered that a guy 6 floors below me has a Mac *and* an Android device! FML.

LOL

10. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

11. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

His reason why he prefers Android is why a lot of my friends like Android. Android is far more customizable and mod friendly.

But, I am not into that stuff and hate how fragmented Android is. It's why if I ever went Android I would buy a Nexus phone since that is straight up Android from Google. I don't mind that iOS is locked down. I am with Apple that the closed eco-system has improved my user experience. I like how iOS just works for me( except for iOS 4 on my 3G :p). I have no interest in customizing it or modding it. That is why I like iPhone better than any Android device.

12. nick9191 macrumors 68040

If "Geniuses" knew half as much as what they think they do about technology they wouldn't be working for minimum wage in a retail store.

Ignore them, do your own research, try products out for yourself.

13. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Just because I work in a mongolian restaurant, it doesn't mean I have to like the food we serve.

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

True statement.

But, if your answer to a customer asking what is good, and you reply "The Ravioli next door is awesome!".... well, you get the picture.

As to the original post even being here. What a waste! Of course some people prefer Android. And there are even people that preferred to buy an Orange Gremlin a few years back. Does not mean my car was bad.

15. sparkyms macrumors 65816

16. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

If I understand correctly, Apple Store employees don't work on commission. That means both the salespeople and the Geniuses.

17. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

An employee of a company has an opinion that DOESN'T align with said company?!? That HAS to be a first.

18. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Fair point, however this guy wasn't in the store whilst he said this. He was on Reddit, not even working there anymore.

19. jsolares macrumors 6502a

When apple "geniuses" like android they're retards working for minimum wage, otherwise they're the best most brightest people ever :eek::rolleyes:

20. nick9191 macrumors 68040

No, they're always people I won't listen to.

21. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

I`m pretty sure iphone owning Microsoft employees exist too. :rolleyes:
    If the company I work for tries to enforce their products on me then it`s time for a new job.

22. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Did everything he talked about on a jailbroken original iPhone before Android even came out... :eek:

23. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

The genius said:

"I can safely say that iOS pales in comparison to what Android - and its hardware - can do."...

has he never created graphical demonstrations using OpenGL ES 2.0 on both Android and iOS devices? If he did I bet performance wouldn't be in the "favorable to Android" sentence...

That aside who cares what he likes. I have friends with Android phones and tablets and I love it since they allow me to test on them.

I myself prefer iOS for all of my devices.

24. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

How exactly is his opinion different from...well, any other random person's? If it came out that Steve Jobs had been toting around an Android, that would be news. Otherwise, so what?