Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pointandclick

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
I understand why people have different roles. I just found it odd that they didn't have people "in between" that are capable of handling small issues.

At any rate it's not important. Back on track now.:D

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
UPDATE: I went to the store as planned and met this lovely Italian lady who was apologetic and took on the issue (someone had copy/pasted the wrong serial number). The case is now being replaced with the proper one as I type this

They also gave me a 10% discount card for all my troubles. Now that's more like it. I'm guessing I only got treated well because the store isn't as busy this morning

Good on them though

UPDATE 2: Got the machine back and we have multi-touch/media controls again. They even did me one better and added four finger gesture support

All in all...happy ending

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    309.4 KB · Views: 86

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I went to the Genius Bar in Glasgow today. Great service. Booked it yesterday, went in this afternoon, got seen on time, got my Macbook battery swapped out and left in about 15 minutes.

Yeah, the Wedgie store is actually quite good. Could do with one in the Burgh too though :(

tsvb

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2006
Syracuse, NY
Good to hear that they made good on their end. I have never had any issues at the Apple store when it has come to the "Genius" bar.

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Should I be concerned that they are qualified to sell me a computer then? ;)

would you want an Estate agent fixing your Boiler?

no seriously I think its good that Apple puts a wall between the sales-drones and techies - its in their interest to protect both us and them :)

Congrats on the 'win' - sometimes the pain can go away with a little after thought by the store.... :)

SoybeanStasher

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
I'm terrified of Genius incompetence. I'm bringing in my MBP tomorrow about the 4GB RAM freezing issue (I've tried 3 pairs of sticks now; it's gotta be the laptop itself). I expect they will dismiss my concerns (inevitably the MBP will decide NOT to freeze while I'm there) and strip all my screws.

lozanoj83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2006
Southern California
UPDATE 2: Got the machine back and we have multi-touch/media controls again. They even did me one better and added four finger gesture support

All in all...happy ending[/QUOTE]

Woah, wait up you have an Penryn MBP right?
Well I did the hack, to have 4 finger swiping since I think its idiotic and stupid that Apple wont do it themselves, but from the picture of your screen (the Trackpad pan) is completely different that mine...
maybe Apple does allow it, only in a special build that they have, and arent releasing to the public?
Or I could be completely off

For the record, here is my preference pane

Attachments

• trackpad.png
    trackpad.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 58

phoobo

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2008
Apple knows about the ram freezing problem....

I'm terrified of Genius incompetence. I'm bringing in my MBP tomorrow about the 4GB RAM freezing issue (I've tried 3 pairs of sticks now; it's gotta be the laptop itself). I expect they will dismiss my concerns (inevitably the MBP will decide NOT to freeze while I'm there) and strip all my screws.

...but isn't exactly broadcasting it. The Geniuses probably do not know about it. Wait for Apple to issue a software fix for it. (Applies to the MB also).

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Woah, wait up you have an Penryn MBP right?
Well I did the hack, to have 4 finger swiping since I think its idiotic and stupid that Apple wont do it themselves, but from the picture of your screen (the Trackpad pan) is completely different that mine...
maybe Apple does allow it, only in a special build that they have, and arent releasing to the public?
Or I could be completely off

For the record, here is my preference pane

....beats me. Then again maybe they copied over the kext file for the Late 2008 MBA. Those are supposed to have four finger support right?. Either that or they (Apple) have updated drivers but aren't releasing it to the public.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.