Apple genius's cracked my laptop

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rvk27, Oct 2, 2008.

1. rvk27 macrumors member

rvk27

The day before yesterday i had taken in my laptop to get my screen replaced at the brand new apple store in fairview mall. There was a couple of dead pixels and they said they would replace it free of charge. They called me and told me to bring it in and i left it with them overnight. The next day i get a call from Apple telling me my laptop is ready to go. Unfortunately, I was sick that day and missed school, but had enough strength to go pick my laptop up. When i picked it up i only looked at the screen because and really didnt have the energy to check anything else. The screen by the way was perfect. I didnt do anything on my laptop that night. The next day i really didnt use it much or check it out. Today finally i brought it to school and looked at it with my friend "icymacpro" i noticed a small indentation on the bottom of the screens case. I gave it to my friend to check it out he then notice that inner bezel(not sure what if thats what it is called) was not stuck to computer on the left side. Then my friend also noticed that there was a small crack on the outer shell of my mac.
    Do you think theyll replace my mac?
    should i be angry at them?(friends opinion)
    how should i confront this situation?:mad::mad::mad:

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

1. They won't replace the whole computer due to that allegation.

2. Even if it happened there (low chance), they didn't do it intentionally, so you probably don't want to be angry with them.

3. You should have examined it when you picked up.

3. kixsand macrumors regular

kixsand

This doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. I'm sure they'll help you out with it.

BTW...if you were well enough to go to the Apple Store, you were well enough to go to school.

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

getting angry never does any good.... being stern and concerned does, but not anger...
    the MBs commonly have cracks in the casings and usually they'll take care of them for you.

5. rvk27 thread starter macrumors member

rvk27

i only went to pick up my laptop was because i had all my work on there

by the way an Apple a day keeps the doctor away:):apple::)

6. kixsand macrumors regular

kixsand

7. jaredtomas macrumors regular

jaredtomas

8. claimed4all macrumors 6502

You are not going to get anywhere getting angry. Just explain how you found it and they should fix it. I know several people that had a crack and had it fixed with no hassle at all. But next time, always inspect the repair before leaving the store.