Apple Gift Card

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wrinkster22, Oct 24, 2011.

1. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Hi,
    I was recently was gifted a 75$ apple gift card and wanted some ideas on some cool things to get there.
    I have a 13" macbook air, iPod touch 4gen
    I allready have some macbook air accessories like the usb to ethernet, and cases for both. I would not mind spending a little more. Any ideaS?

2. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

SInce you have nothing in mind you can give it to me :)

But seriously, just wait and save it until something comes up. You will spend it on something not needed then when you need something, you wont have the cash..

3. wrinkster22 thread starter macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

perhaps another charger?
    universal dock?
    remote?
    ipod shuffle
    apple tv?

4. Spencie macrumors regular

Spencie

Do you have a wireless keyboard/magic mouse? Those are very helpful. If you want to spend it immediately and don't feel like saving up, get like a mouse/keyboard or some speakers. If you have some extra money, I would get the apple tv. Or, you could just give it to me. (jk)

5. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

Another charger is always nice, just in case the current one fails.

Do you see yourself using a universal dock? If the answer's no, then strike that off your list.

The remote is a nice accessory if you watch content on your air. That being said, since you have the iPod Touch, I'd skip the remote and download the free remote app.

iPod shuffle is useless unless you exercise or need something tiny to carry some music around on. I guess if you find yourself in positions where you can't be bothered to use or take your touch, this would be a good idea.

The AT2 is a nice thing for the living room, assuming you have netflix streaming and a source for streaming your own, local content (either encoded with a program like handbrake or purchased via the iTunes store). If you don't have a solution to stream content, then I'd question the usefulness of an ATV2.

Geez, just realized how negative those sounded. I'd hold onto the money or, and I don't know if you can, just spend it on iTunes or the mac app store. That's probably what I would try to do.

6. wrinkster22 thread starter macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Thanks for your suggestions.
    I think I will get the dock!