Apple Gift Cards - Limit?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MattDell, Jul 29, 2012.

1. MattDell macrumors 6502

MattDell

Is there a limit to the number of gift cards you can use to buy an apple product? As an example, could I buy 10 $100 gift cards at $70 each and use them all towards the purchase of a new laptop?

Cheers,
    -Matt

2. Surminga macrumors newbie

I got a limit one time after adding $200 of a couple itunes giftcards to my account and was not allowed to add anymore so I imagine that it will be same online or instore due to fraud and stuff

3. mitchleeh macrumors regular

Your best bet is in store with multiple giftcards... but I'm not sure about limits. I do know that my friend has used two giftcards at once in store.

Now, please tell me where you are buying $100 giftcards for $70.

----------

You can use up to 8 at once. From Apple:

"You can use up to eight Apple Gift Cards at the Apple Online Store or if placing an order over the phone at 1-800-MY-APPLE. You can use up to six Apple Gift Cards for one transaction when you purchase at an Apple Store. You can combine your Apple Gift Card(s) with one credit card to pay for your purchase."

4. MattDell thread starter macrumors 6502

MattDell

That may have been a bit optimistic in hindsight! :p

5. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Yeah, if you know a place selling Apple gift cards for 30% let us all know! Best I have seen for Apple Giftcards is 10% at those gift card reseller websites. Unfortunately the demand for Apple gear is high enough that anything more than 10% is unnecessary. Even on our local Craigslist, occasionally someone will sell one, but rarely can you get it for more than 10% (I've seen roughly 12%). I think the "cheapest" I've seen one go was $475 for $550 gift card and I think that was discounted "extra" due to the size of the giftcard.