Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Call me stupid but why do people bid on apple gift cards higher then what the card is worth on ebay. I mean its not like its just 1 or 2 listings. If you look at already finished listings its extremely common for a apple gift card to go 10 dollars higher then what its worth. what the heck is the point of that. just buy it from apple.

its like you get a guy who lists it for 85. then they bid it to 105 dollars for the win. good job...you paid 5 dollars more then the apple store.

what the heck are they doing over there.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Call me stupid but why do people bid on apple gift cards higher then what the card is worth on ebay. I mean its not like its just 1 or 2 listings. If you look at already finished listings its extremely common for a apple gift card to go 10 dollars higher then what its worth. what the heck is the point of that. just buy it from apple.

its like you get a guy who lists it for 85. then they bid it to 105 dollars for the win. good job...you paid 5 dollars more then the apple store.

what the heck are they doing over there.

It's just the need to be the winner. Do they have to pay for shipping as well, because that would suck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.