Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
This is why Macs are delayed... too much futzing around with other things!

:)

Try to think of Apple as a Services Company from 10-5-2011 onward. Hardware is an afterthought. Always remember though that you chose the Ecosystem. Apple's goal is for all of their devices to one day run on one OS.
Big or small. One OS, one ecosystem, one collective. In a way, Apple is becoming somewhat Borg Like. Through many ways one is drawn into the collective. Some are very content there, some are restless. I don't see anything in the next 5 years to calm the restless. :apple:

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
They couldn't have invested in an American based company instead?

Which one would you suggest that could give Apple worthwhile insight and influence in a key growth market? Whole Foods?
[doublepost=1476239204][/doublepost]
Jeez you SJW's. is it ever ok to bag on anything that's not a white male? Every criticism of this and every joke about this is racist???

If it's a legit critique, sure, but given the current climate, I'd rather be on the side of a random SJW than a racist or bigot. But hey, I guess I am not a fan of locker room banter.

bpcookson

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012
MA
Could one reason that Apple invested $1 billion in a Chinese not US company, this the $1 billion was earned outside the US and Apple wanted to spend it outside the US so they wouldn't need to bring it back to the US and pay the taxes?
I am not saying this would be the only reason, just that Apple may be looking for ways to invest outside the US, due to their tax situation.
Whoa dude, that makes too much sense for these forums. Your logic isn't welcome here! ;)

Mansu944

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
Which one would you suggest that could give Apple worthwhile insight and influence in a key growth market? Whole Foods?
[doublepost=1476239204][/doublepost]

If it's a legit critique, sure, but given the current climate, I'd rather be on the side of a random SJW than a racist or bigot. But hey, I guess I am not a fan of locker room banter.

Way to throw politics into EVERYTHING man

Reactions: Huck

scoobydoo99

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2003
...Apple is also focusing on autonomous driving software as part of a two-prong approach that will allow it to both develop its own car and create software that could potentially be used in third-party vehicles.

um. Based upon the continued decline in Apple software and now nearly-incomprehensible iOS, I'd rather stick with Tesla autonomous driving software. No thanks, Apple.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
They couldn't have invested in an American based company instead?
What about an African company? Someone tell me why Apple didn't try to expand its reach in China by investing in an African company? Is it because they are anti-Africa?

And don't get me started on Lithuania. Surely Lithuanians could have just as much influence in the China market as this Didi Chuxing company? Apple just has it in for Lithuania, obviously.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
What about an African company? Someone tell me why Apple didn't try to expand its reach in China by investing in an African company? Is it because they are anti-Africa?

And don't get me started on Lithuania. Surely Lithuanians could have just as much influence in the China market as this Didi Chuxing company? Apple just has it in for Lithuania, obviously.

Don't forget about Albania!

9496445_gal.jpg

Reactions: ItsNotaTumor

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
The money's not in America anymore, bucko. In large part to billionaires like that who improves infrastructure elsewhere, because it's an "investment."
Do we know he money came from the states and not from profits made in China...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.