Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harryt223

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
A Mac has everything you need for university—and now it includes something extra special. Buy a qualifying Mac today, and get a free iPod touch after mail-in rebate.* You'll save even more on your Mac with Apple education pricing. But hurry, this offer is for a limited time and is available only at the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Campus Stores.

Anyone pissed? I just brought my mac like a year ago, as of today and I barley use it. Now, I find out if I waited another year I could've gotten a FREE iPod Touch... :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hate macs now :(

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I am sure if you go explain your situation they will replace your Mac with the newest update and give you a free iPod touch too.
Just take your receipt with you if you have it.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Harryt223

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
I am sure if you go explain your situation they will replace your Mac with the newest update and give you a free iPod touch too.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

and what would I exactly say? I bought your mac book pro last year, barley use it and I didn't get a free iPod Touch like others are? :p

ViciousShadow21

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
To your left or right

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

yea dawg, were you being sarcastic? maybe if he had bought it like a month ago they MIGHT do it but not a year.

EDIT:^^^ ok. just checking cause you usually are so serious about stuff.

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
Since you barely use it and you are obviously upset with Apple, I will gladly take all your Apple products off your hands for shipping costs.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"

Awww, c'mon guys... read the post... did that really need a :rolleyes:?
:) Ha, Ha

It was pure deadpan ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Harryt223

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
THANK YOU SO MUCH MACDAWG!!!!!

I'd kiss you if I could. :p

I went to my local apple store and pretty much bitched non stop and caused a huge fuss. Finally, the store manager came name said he would help me out. I noticed he made a call then about 5 mins later got off and told me to provide a receipt and fill out a form with my contact information and my MBP info.

Now, they are shipping me a iTouch for free :D Oh man!!! I take it all back, Apple rocks! :D

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
THANK YOU SO MUCH MACDAWG!!!!!

I'd kiss you if I could. :p

I went to my local apple store and pretty much bitched non stop and caused a huge fuss. Finally, the store manager came name said he would help me out. I noticed he made a call then about 5 mins later got off and told me to provide a receipt and fill out a form with my contact information and my MBP info.

Now, they are shipping me a iTouch for free :D Oh man!!! I take it all back, Apple rocks! :D

Ugh, now I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I think it is, because if it's not this is just another sad example of Apple customers and their sense of entitlement.

Harryt223

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Ugh, now I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I think it is, because if it's not this is just another sad example of Apple customers and their sense of entitlement.

No guys, I'm SERIOUS!!

I really had to lay a good bitching down at the local centre. I've only had my MBP for about 9 months.

The manager made a call and that was pretty much it. I had to fight for it, but I got it. :)

u49aa2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell
No guys, I'm SERIOUS!!

I really had to lay a good bitching down at the local centre. I've only had my MBP for about 9 months.

The manager made a call and that was pretty much it. I had to fight for it, but I got it. :)

I have to say, i am a bit shocked, especially as managers act as asses very often to reduce any financial loss. I am assuming from your user name that you are a guy. Was the manager a women or something? :cool:

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
He is obviously making this up, and I assume it's to get back at MacDawg for sarcastically making fun of him. I personally thought it was needed and funny, but that's just me.

Wow, that post has a lot of adverbs.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
He is obviously making this up, and I assume it's to get back at MacDawg for sarcastically making fun of him. I personally thought it was needed and funny, but that's just me.

Wow, that post has a lot of adverbs.

Sarcasm?!? Moi??
Surely you jest... let's be accurate here! ;)

sar⋅casm  [sahr-kaz-uhm]
–noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

dead⋅pan  [ded-pan]
–adjective
1. marked by or accomplished with a careful pretense of seriousness or calm detachment; impassive or expressionless: deadpan humor.
2. displaying no emotional or personal involvement: a deadpan style.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Harryt223

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008

I'm not making this up. Wait 2 weeks and I'll prove it.

If you didn't get an iTouch with your MBP, then go complain about it to get one. I did and I got one coming to me soon in the mail :D

PowerbookG31991

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Really, it's all about knowing what promos are going on and when they happen. Like if you knew there was a free iPod thing going on, then you should of waited a bit and then bought it.

And honestly, a year? No one at apple will entertain the thought of giving you an iPod. If it was a week or two, then you would have something to argue about.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
The irony of this thread, sort of wish people would misread this post and go iron out the wrinkles in their brains.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.