Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Giving Three Months of Free Apple Arcade Access to Customers Who Purchase New Device

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple customers who purchase a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac are eligible for three months of free access to Apple Arcade, Apple's gaming service that has more than 100 titles.

Apple Arcade is normally priced at $4.99 per month and it provides access to games that have no in-app purchases or additional fees to pay.

The free three months of service can be claimed within three months of the activation of a new eligible device, with the promotion kicking off on October 22. One free Apple Arcade trial is available per Family Sharing group.

Apple is also continuing its promotion that provides those who purchase a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac with a free year of Apple TV+ access, but this is limited to those who did not claim the same deal last year.

Article Link: Apple Giving Three Months of Free Apple Arcade Access to Customers Who Purchase New Device

Laptopdog78

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2014
Great for my new iPad Air 4........if this thing even exists! Still not able to purchase or pre order when it was announced weeks ago..... new iPhones already have firm dates for order etc

Reactions: Huck
Comment

ksec

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Why is Apple Arcade still not available in Hong Kong yet ....

Comment

diego.caraballo

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2013
Anyone seeing the free Apple TV+ subscription extended for 3 extra months? It was published around, but my expiring date has not changed...

Reactions: amartinez1660
Comment

iFoure

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Cool, as I can't get free year Apple tv+ w/ iPhone 12 (currently using my mom's free year thru Family Share) so now I have a chance to try out Apple Arcade for free :) nice offer, Apple!

Comment

techfreak23

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2013
Does this offer apply to people who have already gotten a free trial for Apple Arcade?

Comment

Blockstar650

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2020
“Apple is also continuing its promotion that provides those who purchase a new ‌iPhone‌, ‌iPad‌, ‌iPod touch‌, ‌Apple TV‌, or Mac with a free year of ‌Apple TV‌+ access, but this is limited to those who did not claim the same deal last year.”

Wait did I miss something? I thought Apple TV would continue to be free as long as you purchase a new device each year. Does it mean that you can only get the one year free and then no matter if you get new device or not you will not be able to take advantage of the free offering? I thought every year get a new phone and get Apple TV free

Reactions: WBRacing
Comment

hlfway2anywhere

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2006
“Apple is also continuing its promotion that provides those who purchase a new ‌iPhone‌, ‌iPad‌, ‌iPod touch‌, ‌Apple TV‌, or Mac with a free year of ‌Apple TV‌+ access, but this is limited to those who did not claim the same deal last year.”

Wait did I miss something? I thought Apple TV would continue to be free as long as you purchase a new device each year. Does it mean that you can only get the one year free and then no matter if you get new device or not you will not be able to take advantage of the free offering? I thought every year get a new phone and get Apple TV free
Nope. That was never the offer.

Comment

az431

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR

Who promised you that?

Comment

Techwatcher

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
NYC
Seems pretty obvious Apple Arcade is struggling to sign people up. You don’t 3 months free if you have lots of people signing up.

Not always the case. Apple Music still does 3 Months Free promotions and they already left Spotify in the dust domestically.

Comment

amartinez1660

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2014
That’s cheap not giving those who purchased an iPhone last year and got Apple TV+ free for a year the same deal if they buy another product this year
I have been thinking of trying Apple Arcade, at least until getting an all encompassing AppleOne bundle, but this is not fully clear for me. I got TV+ free I don’t know exactly how, it... just appeared, hadn’t bought new devices that I remember close to when it happened. This 3months free is from new devices after October 22nd? Or it goes both directions, I have an iMac in August and would still have time end of October if it did.
At the same time, it’s $15 what we are talking about.

Anyone seeing the free Apple TV+ subscription extended for 3 extra months? It was published around, but my expiring date has not changed...
Not on my side, mine says it’s over on December... that would be sad if it happens before the appearance of Apple One.

I’m starting to dig a lot TV+ because every show I have seen has been great, at least production wise, yes, there’s A LOT less compared to the likes of Netflix but there’s not much ‘cheap stuff’ to filter out because everything is well made, I even got surprised that even seemingly PC shows are not quite that. Ted Lasso starts whatever but it GROWS (from the same creator of Scrubs which had a similar impact for me). Servant, slow but amazingly epic. The Morning Show, looked mostly a me-too-y bashing piece, well, to my surprise, it tackles A LOT of the nuances behind it all... and the acting, epic.

Reactions: diego.caraballo
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.