Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Great was emailing Steve Jobs and getting my problem with an Apple service centre sorted out.
Bad was that an Apple service centre caused me such a headache.

Great is MacosX

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Good: Beautifully designed, innovative, solid, durable and rugged hardware products with a first-rate integrated software bundle.

Bad: Often behind the times with industry standards (e.g. PCI-X, video cards, standard RAM etc.).

radio893fm

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2004
Boston
Good: looks
Bad: the apple hard-core-cult-fanatics-don't-like-anything else-windows-sucks and everything else-ego guys

wilmor42

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2005
UK
slightly agitated

i've been pretty screwed by apple recently. I'm still waiting for my mac mini which was ordered on jan 27th, i got a email confirming its despach on the 7th of march.. so i waited.. and waited like an idiot.. and then i did some research on my own.. i'd been trying to track my order online with no joy as it seemed apple locked me out of my 'check order status' section.. until yesterday i finally got somewhere.. i spoke to someone at TNT uk and they told me that my unit had only been aloocated for collection from Eindhoven yesterday. i told this to the apple rep on the phone-she paused and very nervously told me that it was despatched on the 7th.. i told her i wasnt stupid and i could see what apple are doing.. I've been told i'll get it on wednesday 23rd of march-almost 2 months after i ordered it..
plus.. at the time i ordered it said despatch hopefully on 24th feb.. which turned into 3rd of march which turned into lies and apple simply just not being honest with me.. im not happy, im always gonna use apple and always buy directly from them-but im a good customer and i'd have thought they wouldnt screw me around.. i'd really like to make a complaint, but i dont know Mr job's email address and i dont honestly think anyone would care.. makes me think just why exactly that missing bite in the apple represents..

who knows maybe it was all planned in the begginning-in the early days
jobs: "lets take over the world"
gates: "ok i'll fool everyone for a while and then you come and save the day?"

ps. dont get me wrong, i love apple..
:D

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Good:
- OS X/iLife/XCode (my 3 favs)
- Apple Hardware
- Apple finally targetting the low-end (somewhat)
Bad:
- Complete lack of advertising for the Macs
- Apple's gaming performance/lack of games
- iWork -- 2 applications??
- My iBook not supporting Core Video fully
- My iBook not being a Dual G5 PowerMac

evil_santa

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
London, England
BAD: Having to listen to the windows boys hark on about how much better XP is, how macs are slow & expensive etc etc....

GOOD: Having had 6 month of hell at work with XP & Dell; THEY ARE SO WRONG! :D

radio893fm

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2004
Boston
evil_santa said:
BAD: Having to listen to the windows boys hark on about how much better XP is, how macs are slow & expensive etc etc....

GOOD: Having had 6 month of hell at work with XP & Dell; THEY ARE SO WRONG! :D

This is what I was talking about... see!

If you did not read the title of the thread says: Apple Good & Bad... but you had to take the chance to bash other OS... of course...

Uma888

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Chappers said:
Great was emailing Steve Jobs and getting my problem with an Apple service centre sorted out.
Bad was that an Apple service centre caused me such a headache.

Great is MacosX

steve jobs helped you personally? :eek:

whats william done? :p

Good/Bad: Apple stuff is like diamonds, everyone wants them but not everyone can get em

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Good -- product design, ideas, integration between products

Bad -- At times, being 'behind the times' because of Steve-o's stubbornness / having too much pride (i.e. adopting USB 2.0 long after everyone else had, still no 2-button mouse)

DaveP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
Good: Lower end models are afordable (iBook / MacMini)

Bad: Higher end models price people out of the market (PowerMac)

Oh, and iLife is great!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Good: Convincing everyone that Panther was the real deal
Bad: Fixing things that should have been fixed

Apple Hobo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2004
A series of tubes
Good: Unique hardware. Great software.

Bad:
• Went to my local Apple Store to get a wireless router. They had the wired version of the one I was looking for, but not the wireless version. I asked a sales guy and he said they only carried the Airport. Seems like they're trying to pimp their $200 AP instead of the much less expensive alternatives.

• Whining, never-can-be-satisfied users complaining when a new product comes out. Remember when people whined about how stupid the iPod was? There's the fanboys and the we're-not-fanboys-because-we-complain groups. Neither is good, and the latter should not complain about the former.

mvc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2003
Outer-Roa
Uma888 said:
Good/Bad: Apple stuff is like diamonds, everyone wants them but not everyone can get em

Because, just like diamonds, the price is held artificially high to maximise profit and snob value.

And I don't know if thats actually a bad thing, because the alternative windows/pc least cost approach to computers seems to be worse in practice.

Just feels bad whenever I have to get out the cheque book. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.