Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
So after the iPod Shuffle fiasco last week (read this thread for that story), Apple managed to screw it up again. I received my second iPod Shuffle (512 refurb.) and opened it to load some songs for my friend because I found out today his Comp's HD died. This is a graduation gift for my friend this Sunday. So you are probably wondering what they could mess up this time, with just 1 iPod Shuffle to deliver? No headphones, there I said it, I know... How on earth do you forget to put headphones in with the iPod? The iPod showed no signs of tampering or that it had been opened. The Shuffle also had dirt in it and was not very new looking, unlike the other Shuffle I received. I made my original order over 2 weeks ago and still don't have 2 (complete) Shuffles. I called Apple and they agreed to give me $30 towards headphones after I told them my nearest Apple Store is an hour away. If it were a more expensive order I would definitely try to get more out of this. It's understandable to mess up on an order every now and then, but when you mess up two in a row on such a simple order. :confused: :rolleyes: Seems to me they may have a quality control issue with the refurbished sector. I will def. think twice about ordering from Apple's refurb. sector again. I still love their products though, just not the refurb. ones.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
lol, unlucky...

does your refurb even come with the standard boxes that most shuffles come with?

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
My mother had a similar issue with her shuffle. It came with two sets of headphones and no lanyard. Apple was pretty cool about it on the phone and mailed a lanyard to her. When it arrived it was another set of headphones!

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
^^ Interesting. Seems like Apple doesn't care much about these 512MB shuffles.

I convinced my sister that buying a refurb was no problem; of course, it's busted. She gets a 2nd shuffle-- brand new, also busted. Finally she gets her 3rd shuffle, which works. Needless to say, she's not impressed by Apple's record w/ hardware. :eek:

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
AmbitiousLemon said:
My mother had a similar issue with her shuffle. It came with two sets of headphones and no lanyard. Apple was pretty cool about it on the phone and mailed a lanyard to her. When it arrived it was another set of headphones!

Wow...thats a "opps" right there.

Bless

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
Update:

So I went to Comp USA to buy the Apple Headphones and forgot they don't sell them by themselves. The guy gave $30 credit back to my mom's credit card, I need these headphones by Sunday because of the graduation, so shipping is not an option. My only option (besides going with some non Apple headphones) was to buy the headphones that come with the remote for the old iPod. They are $50, so I called Apple again and told them the situation and they are giving me $50 credit to my mom's credit card + I get to keep the shuffle. So in other words, I just got a free 512 MB Shuffle (w/ no headphones)! But this is a gift, so I am thinking of trying to find a store close by that carries the iPod FM remote (Comp USA doesn't carry it, the Apple store is an hour away), so that I can keep the remote for my nano and give the headphones to my friend (they might be a little shorter, he wont notice). So even though this has been a time consuming process, getting a free shuffle was worth it. Now I just hope the lady gives me $50 on top of the $30 the guy already gave me. :p

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
corywoolf said:
Now I just hope the lady gives me $50 on top of the $30 the guy already gave me. :p

Good job gettin' your money back! I bet you anything she tacks on that extra $50 on the $30 back. Apple seems to have communications problems in its refunding areas; when I mailed back my iMac I forgot to enclose the BT keyboard and mouse and they never said anything and gave me back all my money. Hopefully you'll get something similar!

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
livingfortoday said:
Good job gettin' your money back! I bet you anything she tacks on that extra $50 on the $30 back. Apple seems to have communications problems in its refunding areas; when I mailed back my iMac I forgot to enclose the BT keyboard and mouse and they never said anything and gave me back all my money. Hopefully you'll get something similar!
That'd be sick, then I will have only paid $20 for 2x 512 MB Shuffles!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.