Apple great customer service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cyberguycpt, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

So yesterday my mother called me frantically because she dropped her iPhone 5C and the screen was unresponsive. When she bought the phone she did get apple care plus and also she has AT&T phone insurance but didn't really know what she should do. So I went ahead and set up an Apple Genius Bar appointment.

She first wanted to go to the AT&T store to see what they would say, which was to go to the Apple Store because she had Apple Care+. We got to the Apple Store about a hour and a half early for our appointment but decided to wait. One of the attendees at the Genius Bar decided to help us and check if she was iCloud backed up since her screen had a bad lcd and here info could be lost while the lcd was being repaired. Apparently the system showed that nothing had been backed up except for a few emails. Once again my mother was a little devastated by the fact that she might lose all her pictures and contacts.

After waiting until our scheduled time someone came over and greeted us and explained to my mother it would be about and hour for them to repair the lcd, but since she knew she had been there so long she could offer her a new 5c with out having to wait. My mother at this point didn't care because she was still sad about losing all her phone info. So they get the 5c and start setting it up and she enters her iCloud info into the phone and the employee says oh great your phone did back itself up at 4am this morning. My mother was almost in tears. A few minutes later all of her stuff started showing up on her phone. Also apple didn't charge her one cent for the phone replacement. Needless to say I bought Apple care+ for my IPhone 6 plus.

Sorry for the long post, but just felt that there is so my negative post in regards to apple that I would add one positive.

2. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

They would never charge you for the replacement phone because you have Applecare Plus. Glad it worked out for your mom.

3. TjeuV macrumors 6502

That's great to hear! Proves again that most of the Apple Genius employees really do their best to help where they can.

4. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

Yeah, we are kind of new to apple care+ and thought that since she dropped it which we told the Apple employee, she would have to pay the deductible. But when we first got there she was told that they would replace the screen and not the phone because they could replace the screen for free but if she wanted to replace the phone she had to pay the deductible. But in the end she got what she wanted.

5. eneisch macrumors 6502a

Actually they could have charged the $79 replacement fee under AppleCare +. Since she dropped the phone it could have been considered accidental damage which is subject to the replacement fee.

Glad to hear everything worked out well for your Mom!

6. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

I stand corrected. I didn't know that there is a $79 fee that Apple can charge because of the accidental damage so it's nice that they didn't do that!

7. the caveman macrumors 6502

Apples customer service and stores all over the place, in my book, is a big selling point for iphone and other apple products for that matter.

With other manufacturers that dont have the luxury of having physical stores every 40 miles, you would have to send your device in, that is if the actually agree to replace it, you'll need a back up phone while you wait and all that.

8. Ipadfever macrumors 6502a

Ipadfever

What makes Apple second to none and there isn't a company that can compete, is their customer service.

9. saley89 macrumors newbie

This. It's certainly a huge selling point and keeps me a long term customer. I know if I have any issue with my products, I can just get it sorted without any messing around.

Apple replaced my leather case for iPhone 6 today because there was a small tear in the leather, something I could have easily done but it keeps me a happy customer. Guess that's why millions of iPhones have been sold, alongside it being a great phone!

10. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

Yup, when I had my Samsung galaxy S4 the screen stopped turning on and I had to send it into Samsung for repair, then wait for it to get repaired, and then wait for it to come back to me. I was without a phone for a couple weeks.

11. kaielement macrumors 65816

Glad to hear this story. I to have had nothing but great experiences. They even fixed a computer of mine that was out of warranty for free. That's why I keep coming back to Apple. They always treat me right.

12. azhava macrumors regular

Apple's customer service is a big part of why I don't mind paying the premium for Apple products. I've had nothing but great experiences with them.

13. blueflower macrumors 6502

I had a super experience with apple customer care with my mom and her not remembering her icloud password for the nth time. I felt like I was speaking with friends who were helping me out. The two agents I dealt with were truly likeable. What made me smile as well is that I have an accent and when I was put in hold they played music from my country. I really couldn't believe the customer service and that was my first time interacting with Apple customer care.