Apple - Great Post Sales service!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Arkangil, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Arkangil macrumors regular

So I bought a refurb 2.4 UMBP just 13 days ago today at $1,899 (cdn.). On Monday, all the new Macbooks get released, and on Tuesday I see the price of the one I bought has dropped to $1,549. So I call up Apple, talk to a nice lady, who tells me yea, no problem, I'll apply a credit to your credit card no problem. Then, once done, we proceeded to have a nice conversation, give that this is my first Mac ever. She wasn't trying to upsell or anything. It was great.

Today (day 13) I see that the 2.53 model is only $100 more. Previously, it was $400, too rich for my blood. But $100? For more cpu, more ram, more vram, more L2 cache, and a bigger hard drive? Yes please!!

So I call them up, ask if I can return my 2.4, pay the difference, and away I go. At first, it was going to be a $189 restocking fee. They waved it as long as I pay the shipping...$12. Yes please!!

So, in my first 14 days, I've saved a ton of money, and purchased a much upgraded computer, AND Apple was absolutely fantastic to deal with!

I just wanted to share this experience, because on forums there is always too much complaining, and not nearly enough complimenting!

Thanks for listening, and watch for my many questions about how to use this darn thing soon!!

2. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

Awesome, glad to hear such a great story of customer service. Hope you enjoy the new MacBook Air!

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

iThink most users realize that we do not do this enough. People are really quick to complain for whatever reason, but this (great customer service) is one of the things that built Apple's name up...

4. BStudley35 macrumors newbie

I agree. Even with my limited experience with Apple, I am impressed with their customer service. They are more than willing to answer any/all questions and they seem to relate to your situation and do their best to make you happy! Plus...every time I have called them a person who speaks English answers, unlike several other companies I used to buy from :D

5. MilesParker macrumors newbie

Agree. I bought a new Macbook Pro 2.66 a week ago Saturday. I was almost positive that they were going to do a significant rev and price cut at WWDC but I couldn't wait for it. So I went over options carefully. Sure enough, the machine I paid 2,499 for was obsolete 2 days later. But I took it back to Apple Store in a different state. They rang it back in as closed box (I only had the machine with me) then rerang it as end-of-life and I got $550 back on my credit card. (I didn't want the new machine anyway as the extended battery life is less important to me than the 512 MB vs. 256 MB graphics card.)