Apple "guaranteed" me the iPhone 6 would be in stock after 14 days from launch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by barrett14, Sep 11, 2014.

1. barrett14 macrumors regular

I am struggling between the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 plus so I opened up a chat through Apple's website and asked them about their return policy if I find that the iPhone Plus is too big for me. He told me I am free to exchange it within 14 days for the smaller version of the phone.

My next question was - What if all of the stores are out of stock and there isn't another phone you can exchange for? He said that "he assured" me that there would be plenty of phones at the stores that I can exchange.

What do you guys think of this statement? If I remember correctly, Apple stores were sold out of previous iPhones for quite a while in years past.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

You should be able to get them not problem. The 5S was easy to get the same day, the day after, etc. They get shipments every single day. They may even bring back the reserve system. After 10:00pm your local time you can go online and reserve one for pickup the next day.

Not to mention preoders will probably make it even easier to get. Last year they didn't do preorders and the phones were still easy to come by unless you wanted a gold one.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

This

5. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

My years as an Apple customer confirm you are correct. I wouldn't count on anything, that'll allow buyers to avoid frustration waiting brings.

6. Rafterman macrumors 68000

Maybe he was talking about the "reserved" stock Apple stores keep on hand for replacements.

7. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I would ignore everything that you were told. Odds are they won't have the smaller phone in stock if you return other phone.

8. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I was thinking of ordering the big one and deciding if it was too big myself.

Seems like Apple is ok with letting you exchange for the smaller one.

But my concern is that AT&T is also involved...will this screw up something with them if I exchange my phone within the first 2 weeks??

9. barrett14 thread starter macrumors regular

According to Apple - No

10. schizbomb macrumors 6502

Apple always made it a policy at the stores to hold back 2-3 of each model from the public for exchanges or defective units. So, unless they exhaust those too, that is probably the policy the rep is referring to.

11. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

Is this a thing?