Apple HAD the Netbook years ago!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MowingDevil, Sep 25, 2008.

1. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Looking over this link to the top selling laptops/notebooks/netbooks/"desktop replacements" I couldn't help but thinking how (once again) forward thinking Apple was with the 12" PowerBook. Remember those ads w/ Mini-Me?

People loved those little computers....maybe they were too powerful (for th time) which made them more expensive than today's high selling netbook craze. There's talk of Apple using a version of the Atom chip to roll out a tablet or netbook of their own...if they wanted to keep things easy w/ a proven winner they should repackage the 12" Powerbook w/ the Atom chip and accelerate the unit for the web & word processing. Thats it! No bells, no whistles. Bring it home at a decent price and they'd be in the netbook game. Piece of cake.

They've already got units w/ all the pro & consumer features people want (especially after the impending update)....so internet....web....thats it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/pc/565108/ref=pd_ts_zbw_pc_565108_more?&pf_rd_p=364098901&pf_rd_s=right-4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=565108&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0P2GF5FHAQDGY9VTW3QP

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. crobbins macrumors 6502

I actually would like this option a great deal, but I don't know that we will see that happen..not really soon anyway.

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Oh yeah, the eMate and stuff. Been there, done that, no thank you.

Now, a 12" MBP or something like that :D *drool* :p

5. m1stake macrumors 68000

Every PC manufacturer literally has the same thing. 1.6Ghz, 1GB of memory. Sure they all look different, but they're all identical. I don't see what Apple could do to mix things up and make a product that would be competitive.

Competitive is certainly not using the same specs as everyone else.

While this argument has some merit all over the Apple line, it will be painfully obvious here.