Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcmarcdv45

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Hi all,

just want to know on the series 6 watch is there an actual hand wash app because I can’t find it on my watch anywhere on my watch.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Hi all,

just want to know on the series 6 watch is there an actual hand wash app because I can’t find it on my watch anywhere on my watch.

There is no Handwashing app viewable on the watch itself. You go into the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and enable/disable it in the list of apps there. The app will then trigger itself when it detects you washing your hands or returning home based on the settings you have.

marcmarcdv45

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
On the watch in the apps running in the background is there meant to be in hand wash app so I could toggle it on and off or not as I can’t find one on my watch.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
On the watch in the apps running in the background is there meant to be in hand wash app so I could toggle it on and off or not as I can’t find one on my watch.

I don’t believe so. The only way to toggle it on/off is using the Watch app on the iPhone. Siri might be able to do it, but I’ve never tried it.

marcmarcdv45

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
I don’t believe so. The only way to toggle it on/off is using the Watch app on the iPhone. Siri might be able to do it, but I’ve never tried it.
I just went I just went for a walk with my watch without my iPhone and when I came back to my house I didn’t get a reminder to wash my hands.
I was wondering for the hand wash reminder does your iPhone need to leave the house for that to work? or is it just purely based on if your watch leave the house to or not.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I just went I just went for a walk with my watch without my iPhone and when I came back to my house I didn’t get a reminder to wash my hands.
I was wondering for the hand wash reminder does your iPhone need to leave the house for that to work? or is it just purely based on if your watch leave the house to or not.
You have to enable hand washing reminder, in order to get notified once you are back home.

marcmarcdv45

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
You have to enable hand washing reminder, in order to get notified once you are back home.

I have enabled that.

But when I went for a walk without of my phone just my watch and I got home I didn’t get the reminder but if I take my phone and watch out of the house and then when I come back into the house I get the reminder.

so I was wondering if it works without the iPhone leaving the house or vice versa if that makes sense.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I have enabled that.

But when I went for a walk without of my phone just my watch and I got home I didn’t get the reminder but if I take my phone and watch out of the house and then when I come back into the house I get the reminder.

so I was wondering if it works without the iPhone leaving the house or vice versa if that makes sense.
Is your watch GPS our cellular?

Last edited:

marcmarcdv45

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
please see photo attached of my watch with the hand wash app?

is it missing the reminder toggle?could this been the reason im not getting the Reminders when I only take my watch out.

Attachments

• EA445432-769D-47B1-91AA-33F1E3C3E291.jpeg
    EA445432-769D-47B1-91AA-33F1E3C3E291.jpeg
    384.4 KB · Views: 244

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
please see photo attached of my watch with the hand wash app?

is it missing the reminder toggle?could this been the reason im not getting the Reminders when I only take my watch out.

Go to the Watch app on your iPhone and enable the Handwashing Reminders option there.

842771ee27c026ee90d53b08c156266d.jpg

marcmarcdv45

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Go to the Watch app on your iPhone and enable the Handwashing Reminders option there.

842771ee27c026ee90d53b08c156266d.jpg
I’ve done that. Mind on.

maybe we only get the reminder when our fone leave the house. And not if the watch leave the hiuse but our Fones stay at home..

hope that make sense.

bluegt

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2015
I’ve done that. Mind on.

maybe we only get the reminder when our fone leave the house. And not if the watch leave the hiuse but our Fones stay at home..

hope that make sense.

On your Phone, check Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Handwashing -- Enable Always/Precise Location.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.