Apple Happy Where they Are?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daleycss, Jun 21, 2011.

1. daleycss macrumors regular

Ok, when going through threads, some talk about how Apple needs to catch up to keep up with the competition. And while this is partially true, doesn't apple's revenue and huge amount of cash laying around kind of show that apple isn't just a company trying to compete with everyone else? It has it's own special place in the market. Either you like Apple or you don't. If you don't, Apple isn't scraping to grab random features to get you on board. They take their time to create quality software and hardware they hope the general public will like. Maybe they don't revolve their work ethic etc. around the competition?

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

3. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Yepp, I don't think Apple cares a lick about market share and that crap.

They see it how smart people do, the iPhone royally kicks every other phone's ass in standalone sales when it comes to "PER DEVICE" sales.

The only reason Android OS is larger than iOS is because Google whored their OS to anyone that wanted it.

They are the fastest growing Laptop industry in the market, and the iPhone continues to sell at an alarming rate.

Apple would be incredibly dumb to not be happy where they are. That being said, they are innovators and they are always looking for new, creative ideas.

4. pyro008 macrumors 6502

Thats one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
    Being a "smart person", I can safely say that is not how we see it. There are far more variables that contribute to the gap than number of devices. Smart people can also take into account the inexplicable blind apple fanboys.
    Right. Or, they gave customers more options. Maybe thats why Android has a much higher market share? I didn't realize that having your OS on more than 1 device per year was such a bad thing.
    The iPhone is a great phone. It deserves to sell as well as it does. Macs, not so much. Overpriced cute computers aren't my cup of tea.

5. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Apple is a corporation, theyre goal isn't just to make money, but to make more money next quarter than the previous. So far they have been on a tremendous roll, so much so that Steve can pretty much do what he wants and the shareholders will let him, but don't think that they do everything for the "good" of the consumer, first they will do right by their stockholders and do what they can to keep driving revenue.