Apple Hardware Check, Does it Check Hardrives?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ravernomina, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Ravernomina macrumors member

Hello everyone! As the Title of The Post says, i need to know if Apple Hardware check, Does check the hard drive. I'm getting a little bit more frequent hard drive clicks so i want to make sure my HD is not failing. So i need to know as so as possible if Apple hardware check looks for Hard drive Problems. And if it does not. Can someone point me into some Utilities i can use? Thanks!

2. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

If you boot from your OS install disk you can use Disk Utility to check and repair your HD...

3. Ravernomina thread starter macrumors member

That Repairs File system.Not the Actually Disk. Im Talking about Hardware not software.

4. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

What do you want it to do open your hard drive and see if it still spins? Lol it does basic checks, nothing too advanced, if you want to do advanced then go download 3rd party apps

5. Ravernomina thread starter macrumors member

no i just want to know if it test anything with the Hard disk. God i didn't come here for a lecture just a simple yes or no question.

6. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

It should preform a surface scan to check for bad sectors...that would be about as much as it can do...I last did that with Tech Tool that came with my AppleCare...

7. greg555 macrumors 6502a