Apple Hardware Test AHT for Mac OS X 10.2 on PowerBook G4 15"

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by macgen, Nov 11, 2013.

1. macgen macrumors newbie

Hi,

Does anyone have or can anyone suggest where to get hold of the AHT for a PowerBook G4 15" (A1046 M8980LL/A) running Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar. This system must remain with 10.2 installed!! Not my choice.

The version available from Apple simply doesn't work (as mentioned on other posts and other forums) and trying to get hold of it elsewhere has been fruitless.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

2. RedCroissant Suspended

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I have Apple service Utility disc version 2.6.3 and I think that covers your machine as well. I'm not sure though, but if it is, then I can help you out.

3. micahgartman macrumors member

micahgartman

I keep an archive of PowerBook related stuff for just these kinds of situations:

http://powerbook.micahgartman.com/

I'd recommend using ASD 2.1.4 or 2.1.5 instead of AHT. The tests take MUCH longer to complete, but they're far more thorough.

4. macgen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much micahgartman and RedCroissant.

micahgartman. ASD 2.1.4 is perfect. What a great resource page. Excellent work

Many thanks again. :)

5. RedCroissant Suspended

Ok, that's awesome. Absolutely awesome. Very well done. If I ever get a powerbook then I have no doubt that I will be visiting that page.

6. micahgartman macrumors member

micahgartman

Thanks! Gotta keep the old machines running!!!