Apple has a fix for iOS PDF Vulnerability that will come with the next update

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2008
Perhaps the topic header should be "Apple WILL fix iOS PDF Vulnerability", just saying. :)

Comment

xsi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Perhaps the topic header should be "Apple WILL fix iOS PDF Vulnerability", just saying. :)
Yes. I agree. Maybe Forum Admin can change the title.

However, this is a question I have. I have no idea how easy or how difficult it was for the Dev Team to setup the website, write the html pages, do testing etc. etc. for this great one-step jailbreak, but I am sure they knew at some point Apple would fix the security hole. After Apple releases the fix all this work (the website thing) goes out of the window?

I have no idea how these stuff working so maybe this is stupid question.

Comment

NoStopN

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Murfreesboro, TN
Since Apple will fix it in the next firmware update, if you don't update to that firmware, you won't lose the JB or the exploit.

Comment

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009

However, this is a question I have. I have no idea how easy or how difficult it was for the Dev Team to setup the website, write the html pages, do testing etc. etc. for this great one-step jailbreak, but I am sure they knew at some point Apple would fix the security hole. After Apple releases the fix all this work (the website thing) goes out of the window?

Apple fixes every exploit the dev team find in the next firmware release. This is no different. As long as you stay at your current firmware or downgrade back to it, you'll be able to jailbreak.

The difference with this jailbreak is comex found a very dangerous exploit that allows anyone remote access to the phone through a pdf exploit. I would like to keep the jailbreak but at the same time I want the fix. Saying that, the dev team have another exploit ready for 4.1

Comment

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

How about YOU change the title? Go to Edit>Go Advanced in the OP and edit the title.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.