Apple has finally stopped signing ios 4.0.1 to restore!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mcmonkiez, Aug 19, 2010.

1. mcmonkiez macrumors member

Well I think Apple stop signing 4.0.1 as I just try to restore manually 4.0.1 and failed twice.. but i had ECID file stored in Saurik server and mange to change the hosts file settings and mange to restore back to 4.0.1

2. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

3. mcmonkiez thread starter macrumors member

worked fine even today and just try to restore another iphone and failed so i followed this instruction to get my iphone 4 up & running ...

How to Downgrade from iOS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1

Step 1: Let’s download your SHSH blobs from Saurik’s server to your computer. To do so, download TinyUmbrella and plug your iPhone in. Select the “Advanced Options” box. Also select the firmware version to which you wish to downgrade. Finally, select “Cydia” under “Request From”. Then hit “Save My SHSH”. This will grab your SHSH files from Saurik’s servers and save them on your computer.

Step 2: Download the firmware to which you wish to downgrade to from our iPhone downloads section. Save it to your desktop.

Step 3: Put your iPhone in DFU Mode. To do so, launch iTunes and plug your iPhone in. Press and hold the Home and Power button together for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, release the Power button while still holding the Home button until iTunes pops up and says it has found an iPhone in recovery Mode.

Step 4: Run TinyUmbrellaand click the “Display SHSHs” button to make sure your SHSH blobs were downloaded to your computer. Once done, click “Start TSS Server”.

Step 5: Now we’re going to restore to the firmware you want. To do so, launch iTunes and plug your iPhone in. Hold to SHIFT key (Windows only) or ALT/Option key (Mac only) while clicking on Restore. Make sure you hold the key while clicking Restore. A window will open. Simply select the firmware you downloaded in step 2.

Step 6: Your iPhone will start the restore process. You will most likely get several errors (error 1011, 1013, and 1015) but that’s ok, don’t worry about those.

Step 7: Finally, we need to get your iPhone out of recovery mode. To do so, simply click “Kick Device Out of Recovery” in TinyUmbrella.

Done!

You should now be back on a previous iOS, giving you the ability to jailbreak and unlock.

4. xxtra macrumors member

5. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

This seems a bit complicated. I just edited the /etc/hosts file and then restored. Maybe it’s different for an iPhone, but this was all I needed to do to restore an iPod touch with SHSH on file.

6. silentsim macrumors regular

This is true. earlier today Apple stopped signing 4.0.1. Any phones that come with 4.0.2 now will be non-downgradable since people wont have the SHSH blobs for em.

7. 3282868 macrumors 603

HA maybe watching Justin Long (the "I'm a Mac" guy) on Jimmy Kimmel live with a jailbroken iPhone ticked em off

8. celticpride678

9. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

0n03s!!!!!

Who didn't see this coming for the last week?

10. PinkGlitter macrumors member

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Me too.

12. mcidiot fl macrumors newbie

where would be the best place to find a downgrade fix w/out shsh (if/when they figure it out)? Are there other forums which are advisable to stay in touch with?? Had a hardware issue with the phone and had reset everything to get a replacement/warranty coverage. Didn't really think through the whole shsh things beforehand....STUPID ME!!

13. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

No longer possible anywhere.

14. tygrubb macrumors regular

Oh, the irony. Apple stopped signing on Thursday aroun 1pm PDT. At that very time I was being handed a replacement iPhone at the Genius Bar (mic wouldn't work with speakerphone or recording video).

Ran home quickly to see what version of iOS it had and to get my blobs stored. It was then that I found out that they stopped signing right when I got the replacement. I never had a chance, but damn, it was so close and so ironic.

BTW, the replacement had 4.0.1, so I'm back to jailbroken goodness. :D