Apple has gone from "It just works." to "It might work, sometimes."

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by colourfastt, Oct 7, 2015.

1. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

I'm not sure exactly what Apple have done, but both ATVs have started rebooting randomly. I hunted the net for a solution and the only thing I found was to do a full restore. Done on both, and both still rebooted within an hour of the restore.

Between this and the fiasco that is iOS X I'm seriously considering a change from the Apple ecosystem (which would be a shame since I'm heavily invested in it).

2. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Mine do that too, have been doing that for some months now. Especially when watching Netflix or Hulu. It's very annoying. I am going all in on ATV4, buying 2 of them on release day if I can. Hoping with tvOS it's not an issue. Will probably sell the ATV2's at that point.

3. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

No problems at all with my two Apple TVs, but I use them almost exclusively to access my iTunes library on a Mini. Haven't had any iOS "fiascos" either. ;)

4. Che Castro macrumors 603

5. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I've not experienced reboots on ATV2 or ATV3. It would be strange for a random software bug to affect both of your devices the same way. Maybe they are overheating?

6. pragmatous macrumors 65816

To be fair my roku 3 randomly reboots a lot.

7. Tech198 macrumors G4

8. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

My Roku used to have occasional random reboots, I got more annoyed with the bloody thing locking up on me with monotonous regularity. Which is why it's been donated to my neighbours, they like it so at least it's still getting used.

9. Chad A Wright macrumors newbie

Chad A Wright

We've got two in the house and they both randomly reboot themselves. One will do it several times a day. The other once every couple of days. I've talked to others who have had it happen as well.