Apple has me stressing with this new change..........

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AREM, Jan 15, 2008.

1. AREM macrumors newbie

I HATE, do you hear me, H A T E the way that text messages are handled. No more 'Ignore' button. Just 'Close'. And when you hit 'Close', it marks the message as unread, whether you have seen it or not! So if I'm watching a movie, browsing the net, or just simply in the middle of something and want to wait to respond to one or more messages that I receive, I can't hit ignore and go look at them later. To get the message box to go away, I have to hit close. Which marks them as read.

GAHHH!

Anyone else being stressed out about this?

2. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

1) I think you're being a little too sensitive.

2) I personally love the change. I hated it when I would read a whole message in the popup, hit ignore, and see that annoying red number on the SMS icon. Then I have to open SMS, open the convo, hit messages so that next time I open SMS it doesn't take me to a convo I've already read, and then hit the home button... This saves so many steps!

3. AREM thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think I'm being sensitive, I just hate having certain things tampered with. You know?

4. motomullet macrumors member

I havent updated, but it sounds like a welcome change. I hate having to go back and look at the message again when you already read it on the screen then hit ignore.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

jailbreaking solves everything :)

But seriously, it's just something you're going to have to get used to. You could just text the person right away...

6. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

I agree, this is not a good change; although there are merits for both sides. The proper solution would have been to simply ADD the close button, leaving the Ignore button intact, which satisfies both arguments.

7. SRSound macrumors 6502

I think it's a good change; i got very frustrated with having to go into a text convo to remove the red indicator on the SMS app after having already read the whole message

8. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Report it. If enough people complain, they'll probably add the ignore button back in future software.

9. chadsteruw macrumors member

i was a bit miffed about this change myself... but i understand the other side too. I did find a work-around for it though.. if you're phone is idle on the home screen and you get an SMS, you can hit the Sleep/Wake button and the screen will shut off. then hit it again to turn it back on. this will get rid of the message, and still keep your SMS indicator active.

seems silly but it works for now.

10. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

i totally agree, i HATED having to do that! i guess i have minor OCD haha