Apple has run out of silicon cases

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
How is it that I have to wait a month to buy a silicon case? It's only 10 days to get an iPhone 6

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
Their supply vs. demand calculations have always been a bit skewed.

I'm with you though. I ended up buying a black leather case when the silicone is what I wanted.

dkh587

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2009
There should be plenty at the Apple stores

Check the Apple Store app. You are able to check and see which colors are available for in-store pickup :)

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
I bought one last week (there were plenty on stock) and I really like it much more then the leather case I had last year for the 5.

oVerboost

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
My local Apple Store had loads of silicone cases, I took my leather case back today to exchange for the silicone... First the red, then I changed my mind for the black as it's more subtle. The apple silicone cases do feel really nice though, soft touch rubberised feel with plenty of grip.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
My local Apple Store had loads of silicone cases, I took my leather case back today to exchange for the silicone... First the red, then I changed my mind for the black as it's more subtle. The apple silicone cases do feel really nice though, soft touch rubberised feel with plenty of grip.
Is it easy to get in and out of your pocket? That was my worry with the rubber/silicone case.

McPc

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
CA
Is it easy to get in and out of your pocket? That was my worry with the rubber/silicone case.
No problem for me getting it in and out of pockets. In 2 weeks of putting it in pockets the case did grab onto the inner lining of a pair of tight jeans and pulled the pocket out with the phone, but it did come out easy.

I like the grip the silicone case provides and the surface is not typical of silicone as it feels slightly fuzzy to my touch. As less prone to obsorb any liquids that one might find on a table such as at a restaurant. I'm satisfied with the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.