Apple has stopped signing 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Applejuiced, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Apple has ended the window for installing iOS 5.0.1 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
    A5 devices are now immovable from iOS 5.1 if they have been updated until a solution for downgrading can be found. SHSH blobs will not do you any good for downgrading an A5 device at this time.
    Be extra careful not to "accidentally" update to 5.1 on an A5 device.
    A4 devices with saved blobs can still be downgraded as usual.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

not just careful with accidentally upgrading to 5.1 but installing something that will require a restore.

3. Trey1984 macrumors regular

how do we know what would cause this issue?

4. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

We don't, really. Just avoid installing dated packages, cracked applications, cracked tweaks, etc. While I know a lot of people still will and many will run just fine, there are always possibilities of compatibility issues. Feel free to install how you like, just be very wary!

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I usually search for reviews or look for videos on youtube of the tweak (and read the comments) before I install something new. Better safe than sorry.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

they simply haven't found a way to make it work. We saving them hoping that it will be figured out as well.

8. TheVille macrumors newbie

Does this mean I cannot update to 5.0.1. by any mean? I tried to recover to 5.0.1. IPSW today with itunes and tried every trick, recover mode, pwned DFU and everything i know of, but couldn't do the update (got error message 1394 if i remember right). I'd like to update to ios 5 and then jailbreak, but is it possible atm?

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Are you on a iPhone 4 or 4s? The OP mentioned that it should be no problem on A4 devices as long as you have saved blobs for them.

10. TheVille macrumors newbie

Actually i'm on 3gs ... And I've jailbroken previously to 4.3.3. I have the 5.0.1. IPSW file, though it just won't install.

11. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

If you have saved SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella then you can updating by "stitching" these blobs to the IPSW with redsn0w. If you have not saved SHSH blobs for your phone while apple signed them, there is nothing you can do now. :(

Apple use cryptographic signatures specific for each phone to prevent installing anything but the newest iOS. That can only be bypassed if you got these signatures while Apple still issued them - and only on "older" devices (anything but the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2 and 3).